• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xp333-r & Ddr400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Man does this make me happy. I'v been considering selling my XP333-R and going with a faster P4 or one of the faster/newer Athlon cores when they are released... This board may have some life in it yet :)

WOW! You guys really crank your systems up there!!! I am a noob in overclocking. I have read a bunch of tutorial at overclockers.com and I was wondering if you guys could give me some tips on what I could do to tweak my system. Here it is:
Athlon XP 1800+ (not unlocked yet)
Iwill XP333-R ver2.1 (updated BIOS chip)
256mb DDR PC2100 (will be 1gig PC2100 soon)
GeForce2 Ti 64mb DDR
30.0 GB 7200 RPM Western Digital

Anyhow, I have constructed a water cooling system that should be more than than strong enough for some basic overclocking (it is a dual stage spiral with radiators out of a de-humidifier). My objective is not to try to boost my megahert speed way up but to boost my FSB up higher like up to 166+. I know that there are alot of probs associated with overclocking so I figured it would be best if I talked with you guys first. Thanks alot for any help!

Unlock the XP1800, I have run mine at 196.8 X8.5 for the last 7 months without bsod's or data corruption.

XP333-R 4/11
XP1800 unlocked 196.8 X8.5
Water cooled- 36c Loaded
2-256meg OCZ PC2700 Rev3 @ 3.04v
2- 40gig WD ATA100's
Aopen GF3Ti200
Optorite 40x12x40
Kenwood True-X 72
Linksys 10-100

Howd you get your vcore up over 3.0, volt mod? Also, my memory is really crappy and is also only 2100.
Your on the Iwill tech forums right? I think you have helped me with stuff before, specifically a BIOS problem that I had.

Question for you

Hey bETAbILLY, if you got the time, what are your complete bios settings for that FSB(196.8 X8.5)?

Dram/Cas Select- Auto
Dram Performance- Auto
Dram read Enhance- Enabled
Dram WBUF Flush- Enabled
Ram BIU Output Bypass Mode- Enabled
AT Bus Clock- 7.16
System Bios Cacheable- Enabled
--------------------------------------------------

Spread Spectrum- Disabled
CPU Clock- *
CPU Clock Ratio- 8.5
CPU Vcore Setting- 1.75
PCI Clock Divider- /6

* Because of the stepping in bios, I use a software FSB speed setting program to make really fine adjustments to clock frequency ( SetFSBU_XP333 )

Nope, but the kink was in the filler/bleed tube. Its gone now along with all previous evidence of haste. Nice quiet setup, ran it for a while without the radiator fan, still worked somewhat on negative air pressure in the case. I have a 120mm fan on the way, should have it installed by the 21st. Should be more efficient that the 92mm.

Gee, someone's Chevette is missing a heater! Ok, but isnt the triple fan setup a bit loud?

At first, I was thinking about putting my radiator in a spare drive bay but being a dumbass, I have to pack two optical drives and two hard drives in this already crowded Antec mid tower.....

Best and cheapest addition was a 12v coil relay from Radio Shack.

My 120mm fan is expected on Thursday, I already built a new shroud for it.

Back