• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xp 1600 w/ax-7 temp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aziatic

Registered
Hi i recently got all the parts to complete my system and i was wondering if i did something wrong =[ . Im using an ax-7 heatsink and i applied artic silver in a thin layer as ive read and i have a 39cfm sunnon fan on my heatsink. Ive only had it for about 2days now but i was wondering if the cpu temp will go down from its 47.50 temp that its at now and lower after mabey another day or so. It said in the artic silver website that it takes 72 hours to set in but even so i still wanna know if 47.50 is an average temp with my set up or is that running too high at this point. thnx for any help
Oh yeah i forgot to add that 47.50 is my idle temp =[[[ so thats why im worried

Last edited:
A couple of things: First, what mobo are you using? It could be reading the on-die sensor in the chip which reads hotter, but those temps are still high at idle. Are you OC'ed? What CPU is it? What MOBO? Also a 39CFM fan on the AX-7 is a little weak, I recommend at least a 50CFM. Is the sink on correctly? With more info we can help you better.

Its an athlon xp 1600, abit kx7333, pc 2100 crucial ram, ax-7 heatsink with the sunnon fan 39cfm, 2 case fans both 39cfm on pulling air in over the harddrive the other in the back sucking air out, artic silver 3 and im not overclocked but i will be overclocking it later thats why im worried about my temps. The heatsink is attached properly i even took my whole pc apart and rebuilt everything starting with the heatsink to see if the heatsink wasnt properly connected or the artic silver was not on right. I redid everything and the artic silver wasnt on too lightley so i removed it with a lint free cloth and some acetone nail polish remover like i was advised at the artic silver website. I put a small amount to the point where i can read the lettering on the cpu. I have a agoia h if i remember correctly. ok thats everything

I don't think that MOBO reads on die. If I am right, those temps are way high OR, your insocket thermistor is bunk. Do you have the latest bios for the board? There may be a temp fix? If you are sure the HSF is seated on the CPU properly and you have applied AS3 properly, I would do some stress testing with P95 at your stock speeds and see how it goes. I would also HIGHLY recommend the Sunon 50CFM fan for that sink. Check for a bios revision too. One last question, what are your room temps and what is the MOBO temp?

My mobo temp is 35c geez and just about 5 min ago my cpu temp rose to 49 O_O!!! i musta broke something im getting a lil worried now. Dude when i 1st installed everything the cpu temp was at like 44-45 then it just started to shoot up and i cant see why... u think i need a thicker layer of artic silver on my cpu die? I did get a slight bit of artic silver on the outer part of the processor the brown area but i cleaned it off as best as i could, would that increase my heat? oh and my room temp is like 78-79 deg but i do have a fan right behind me shooting toward my case and also the ac kicks on everynow and then so i probably get to like 76 deg in my room.

Aziatic said:
actually i did in my reply its an abit kx7 -333 mobo
oh,yeah, sorry.its been a long day at work lol

is the heatsink clamped down hard enough and/or the right way around? i know its a silly question but that happend to me when i first got my volcano 7

Aziatic said:
My mobo temp is 35c geez and just about 5 min ago my cpu temp rose to 49 O_O!!! i musta broke something im getting a lil worried now. Dude when i 1st installed everything the cpu temp was at like 44-45 then it just started to shoot up and i cant see why... u think i need a thicker layer of artic silver on my cpu die? I did get a slight bit of artic silver on the outer part of the processor the brown area but i cleaned it off as best as i could, would that increase my heat? oh and my room temp is like 78-79 deg but i do have a fan right behind me shooting toward my case and also the ac kicks on everynow and then so i probably get to like 76 deg in my room.
35C mobo temp is high, try taking the side off your case and see if temps go down. If they do go down, you need better case airflow. You do not want to put AS3 on thick, thin is what you want. The AS3 on the substrate should not really affect temps. Try the side off and report back!

Ok here is my case http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...g=7&manufactory=1502&DEPA=1&sortby=14&order=1
Now i have a pretty weak fan that came with the case in the back sucking air out, in the front of my case i have a 39cfm sunnon sucking in air over my harddrive instead of at the very bottom where i suppose it would be spread out more but i figured in front of the harddrive was a good idea, should i move it to the very bottom for now untill i order another fan?
With my side panel off the case my cpu temp dropped from 48 to 46.0%c and my board temp does not shift what so ever its holding fast at 35.0%c . Im gonna buy a sunnon 50cfm fan to replace 39cfm fan i have on the heatsink right now and then move the 39cfm fan over the hard drive or at the very bottom depending on what ur suggestions r on where i should have that one sunnon i have now positioned (either at this point blowing on the hard drive on at the very bottom) thnx for any help any1 else can give or has already given

Ok since i removed my side panel on my case its been about 10-15 min now and my cpu temp is now at 43.0%c and my mobo temp is at 34 now. well i guess i just need to get a better fan for my heatsink and another case fan and i should be fine. thnx for all the help

Last edited:
Back