• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UV CC white?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

illbreakit

I just got a uv cold cathode and it apears white? I thought they were like the blacklight bulbs you can get for florescent lights and the incandessent bulbs. Did I get a white one bu mistake? Or, are they supposed to look like this.
It just lights up my case more than I would like, I wanted just the stuff that would glow, to glow.

Ya you got a white one. The UV CCRT's look like a really dark purple when off and on.

Do the white ones put out a lot of visible light?
I like my dark purple uv cathode from pcmods, (i think).
It does a good job of putting out very little visible light.

you can tell there is a light in there but its diffuse...

I have mine stuck on the rail under my top bays and PSU so you can't even see it I like it... so much smaller then the neons.

you can tell there is a light in there but not where its comming from.

I'll dbl check tonight and turn off the blue neon so I can see it in total dark.

It's not purple or black or whatever.. but it seems to work fine so far.. gotta test it with something thats actually UV reactive.. right now all I'm going off is the white molex connectors and the multicolored wires... They did glow noticibly more then they would with just the blue neon.. so it does seem to work

Heres mine but its in plain view not behind a bar or something like Lusankya's
623-1007-26153.jpg

Ya, mine does kinda glow the Dye-lite I put into the water, only at night tho. It does put out alot of visible light too, which is not what I wanted. I wana find the dark purple ones that don't put out much visible, that way, you only see the stuff that is supposed to glow.

Back