• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR333 or DDR400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Trieber

I noticed some threads about these, but I wanted to know if anyone has a stick of DDR400. I'm debating which type to use..

If you do have it, are there any noticeable performance jumps? Any special specs you need on a Mobo, etc. The last thing I want is a stick of DDR that doesn't work.

Sorry for posting on this, I just couldn't fine what I needed regarding these. The Ram will be in a gaming system, and then I will overclock when I get the system running smoothly.

Thanks for reading.

<ag>

Definately go for DDR400. I don't think there's a significant difference in perfomance but most you can overclock higher than you could with ddr333.

Currently no DDR 400 exists.
As PC3200 has been yet to be made standard by JEDEC
so the PC3200 you see now is overclocked PC2700

Hmm, see I was asking because I saw on a site that they are offering DDR400 RAM. So all it is, is overclocked RAM? They really need a waiver of some sort.

Thanks for the tip. I'll just get 333, :D

<ag>

DDR400 does exist and the best you can find are
the one with Winbond DDR400 5ns chip that
can overclock up to 450Mhz.
A-data DDR400 use that chip and it´s the best.
Almost everybody that have it have been able to get it to 440Mhz
Corsair isn´t that good, with some luck you could get a
Corsair PC3200 Rev2 to that speeds.

The Samsung DDR400 chip is bad.

therecka said:
Who are JEDEC? at least i know that i could get 3700MB/s with a
Winbond DDR400 5ns chip.

not really sure what JEDEC is but i did a search and got this

develops standards for the semiconductor industry

www.JEDEC.com

they are the organization that creates the standards for DRAM(among other things), such as DDR...
And before they create the standards (for the new RAM), it does not exist and is only an old standard that has been overclocked.

Keep in mind that DDR 400 will do nothing for an AMD unless you are running everything at 200FSB!
For pc2700 to do anything for AMD, everything has to be at 166fsb. Asynchronous is useless for AMD, because the bandwidth is limited by the FSB... Same with p3....
The P4 is a different story. It's quad pumped bus can handle about 4200mb/s..... This is where dual DDR will really be of use.

i'll buy via kt333 board soon,
i don't know what should i do?
ddr266 or ddr333?

if u take a look 2 the benchs,
not a difference about 266-333 even 400ddr's :(

i think i'll use 266 on kt333...

Back