• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KX7-333R case temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Robin Hood

The system thermister on KX7 is on the corner which puts it in a bottom corner of my box, where air flow is more limited.

What case temps are people getting with this board and is the reading at this location concidered representative of the rest of the case?

case temp

31C

:eek: No wonder my CPu temps have been up lately. The AC at this new house suxx. I'm used to 22-27C case temps.

What room temps do you have with those case temps?

The reason I ask, I am just increasing my cooling and was wondering what I should be aiming for. Typically, my case temp has been 27-30 at full load (7-8 above room) which I thought was high. However, when I remove the side of the case and blow a 12 inch through it - i'm only 2 degrees lower.

Thanks Arkaine23

2 degrees - eeck - that's going to be hard to match. :(

Have just ordered a 120x38 (125cfm) YS-tech - should help a bit, but I already had four 80's (2 in / 2 out).

The location of the case thermister would appear to give a reasonalble reading then.

Which corner is the thermistor on? I'm curious.

I have the KR7A-RAID which is similar and my case temps are always 2-3 above ambient too. :)

Just wondering where the thermistor is really..

The manual shows it in the bottom rear (when board is in situ), between the end of the last PCI slot and the case.

I can not actually identify it at that location, just looks like resistors to me - nothing the size of that under the socket.

inaccuracy

All my PCI card slots that aren't being used (1-4) have no cover plates, and there's an 80mm fan sitting there. I bet having so much open right by the case sensor makes the temp I get inaccurately reflect the temperature of more critical parts of the case.

Yeh I've thought about that - unfortunately I have three, that I can not do without (2 video editing cards and a network card). Originally I spaced them alternately, one in - space etc. Have since moved them around a little and opened the bottom two cover-plates but with no change.

With the new fan I going to try a few more alternatives - including a hole in the base below the cards (my case has feet).

I also an AX7 to fit :D

I will be very happy if I get down to a difference of 4 - as Grungee has.

BTW I hung the thermometer I used for ambient, inside the case one inch from the HS (in its exhaust as it were) and I got two degrees lower than the case temp reading - which is what propted my post - Just need a more even spread I guess.

10 degrees does sound high.

case temps

Conan, many of us have several case fans. I have 5 and that's not all that unusual in these forums. Try pulling the side panel off and see how it affects both your case and CPU temperatures.

Re: case temps

Arkaine23 said:
Conan, many of us have several case fans. I have 5 and that's not all that unusual in these forums. Try pulling the side panel off and see how it affects both your case and CPU temperatures.

well i forgot to say that these temp. are with the side panel off!! :(

btw. i have a spare crystal orb which i bought for my gf, but it didn't fit, so should i take the abit chipset fan off and install the orb?

Back