• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingmax DDR400 running at 166Mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jarthel

Kingmax DDR400 running at 166Mhz or less

I know of the reviews/feedbacks with people running it at 200mhz. I don't plan to run it at that speed.

Would this be a good buy for me given my circumtances?

thanks

Jayel

I don't like Kingmax at all anymore. They don't RMA to the end users so you can only return it at the place you bought it and they be very picky about returning stuff.

Why not get Crucial PC2700 or a 2700 brand which is good because you're paying extra cash for that DDR400 rating.

Yodums

Would you guys say that crucial pc2700 is good enough fo moderate overlcocking, on an abit bd7II mobo? How much more peformance could i get out of DDR400, and is it worth the money for someone who is on a budget?

If you have cash, go for Corsair XMS PC3200 C2. AFAIK the majority of the Intel boards have memory dividers whereas you can run a 150fsb but maintain a 200 bus memory speed and make sure of the Corsair XMS PC3200 (200fsb) at CAS2.

Crucial PC2700 is good but don't expect to get 185fsb and above with CAS2, but seeing as you're on a budget, I would recommend Crucial PC2700, I'm hoping for someone to post discounts on it. There are various things you do to get a 10 - 15% discount and if you're on a budget, every penny counts.

Also for a reasonal price is Samsung PC2700 CTL. CTL is very important because it means it's 'genuine' DTL means it's like fake stuff and preforms very bad. If you can get to go a local store and hand pick your memory, CTL will mark "TCB4" as their last letters so keep an eye out for that. I've seen them hit 200fsb pretty easily just at CAS2.5

Good Luck.

Yodums said:
If you have cash, go for Corsair XMS PC3200 C2.
Good Luck.

I wouldn't be interested in Kingmax if I have money. :)

ps. Please stop suggesting Corsair cause I already know how good and more expensive this memory is. :)

Try XtremeDDR. It's high quality memory, and a bit cheaper than Corsair. If you want quality, you need to pay for it most of the time :). Otherwise, go for some Samsung PC2700 or Crucial PC2700. If you do the Samsung, MAKE SURE it is true Samsung chips and 6-layer PCB.

Back