• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xp1600 agoia "Y" unlock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nealric

I read somewhere that the standard fill the pits with crayon/connect L1 thing dosent work witht the agoia Y (the green version). It says that it has the same problem as the xp2100 because of the stepping. Anyone know about that/proved it wrong?

Greenies unlock the same, the Xp2100+ is differant requiring cutting some bridges and connecting others, you will however need to clean the bridge dots(scrapeb then with something) to remove the clear coating from the factory, otherwise they unlock the same as brown ones.

mamer:)

He's right I just unlocked my "greenie" I rubbed the dots with an eraser and it seems to work got the multy up to 11.5 now

That's the method I used to unlock my XP...except the part where I used a candle instead of a crayon.
I have full multiplier control...
I don't know where your source of information got it's source of information...Strange things happen.

BTW: Nice Avatar KingLouiex! Be nice to have that in a case badge! 'Intel's Daddy Inside'...thats awesome.

-PC

Last edited:
Hmmmm. I seem to have forgotten to rub the dot but it's been unlocked already. What's the point of rubbing the dot off anyways?

hehe, it's hard to spell right when you're thinking of something funny. i swear i'm not retarded. =)

BuccKevin said:
Hmmmm. I seem to have forgotten to rub the dot but it's been unlocked already. What's the point of rubbing the dot off anyways?

Mainly to get the excess wax & other residue off to allow for better conductivity of the 'unlock' agent. I don't think you'd want to 'rub it off', as in remove it...;)

-PC

I just unlocked my cpu, but im not getting the halves in the mulitplier, it always boots at the next lowest whole number. Could this be my problem, the connection isn't clean. And from a link in another thread, i can get it later or if anyone asks, cause im in a rush right now, it seems that the first bridge of the L1 series controls the halves. Is that correct, can anyone verify that? In which case should i try removing my connection, and clean it off again, and try one more time? Or if it is a different problem let me know, thanks guys and gals.

I've had the same problem several times. Every time, I inspected the L1's thoroughly and repainted any bridges that didn't look like they were fully done.

If memory serves, it has been the first L1 bridge on me before that caused that problem. Check that first.

Back