• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

After the burn in... Celery 850@1190/AOpen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChillPhatCat

Celery 850@1190 on AOpen... No Games, shooting for 150 FSB...

I just recently upgraded my computer from a 450 PIII with a crappy Acorp board to a celery 850 on the AOpen board in sig.

I slowly stepped up the FSB to 133 and it ran rock stable for two weeks... I had tried 140 FSB, but it wouldn't boot. Well last night I tried it again at 140 MHz... and now we're running at 1190... a nice satisfying 340 MHz over spec.

Unfortunately I am a bit disturbed that whenever I play a game the computer locks up or crashes... It will run prime 95 for about 20 minutes... Then I get a hardware failure...

Is the video card having stability issues? It's an ATI Rage 128 32Mb AGP 2x @ 2x... What can I do to solve this problem? (aside from stepping back down to 133).

I was hoping that somebody might have a list of bios features that are not compatable with win2000 that I should turn off if I should like to boot at 150 MHz...

I have disabled the following:
Video BIOS Shadowing
HDD Block mode

Thanks in advance
-CPC

:beer:

Last edited:
Back