• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Powering on a brand new 2.53 !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tdenton

I just upgraded from a p3-600e@780 to a 2.53 on p4b533-e and corsair 3200c2. 2 hours later I have stripped my computer to the hard drives (I needed a new ps too) and installed the aforementioned hardware. I am not a newbie. Everyone ready to power up? Click... lights! keyboard flashes, hds light up, dvd lights up, floppy lights up, lan connector lights up, some onboard diode lights up.... Hmmm... What's missing here... ???

THE MONTIOR DID NOT LIGHT UP !!!

hmm .. ....

.. video card dead now? oooh, not a good thought. New-ish ti4600... Asus manual say to check jumpers (the only one I changed was to be able to overvolt to 1.8 and I already tried it back the way it was) and connectors. I re-seated all important cables. I didn't get a beep either... Speaker hooked up right? It seems to be. I thought I disabled that line out 'voice' post thing, but just in case I plugged in my speakers...

Just needed to get some of this off my chest before I open up my other computer and try my other video card.

Wish me luck...?

Tad

Ok, the other video card doesn't work either. grrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

mobo doa, I suppose.

Sorry for shouting earlier.

Just glad I'm not proxy-ing my internet through that box anymore.

Tad

gofastman said:
No , this sounds like you have to re-seat the vid card.

This is very common! And very annoying, my stomach always drops when this happens, but it always turns out needing to be reseated. Good Luck

Ok, I'll try it again, but I tried my main card, then another and got the same thing...

(crosses his fingers)

Tad

Well... took out the battery and shorted the cmos 10+ seconds. Put the video card back in taking extra care...It did seem kinda hard to put in the first 2 times, but not now (and no I didn't break the slot :) )

Now I can go to sleep depressed. That's nice.

Call for RMA in the AM

anything else?

Thanks for the info and sympathy... I thought I'd try again this am a little bit, but same problem...

Ah well... Have to wait until next week (!)

Tad

Well, as you are taking the board out of the case maybe you can try one more thing.

After you have removed it, then set it up to test outside the case.

The problem just might be ground related.

Hey, its a free shot:)

Maximouse said:
Well, as you are taking the board out of the case maybe you can try one more thing.

After you have removed it, then set it up to test outside the case.

The problem just might be ground related.

Hey, its a free shot:)

:D

Thank you SOOOOO much! I never would have thought, but I did it and it worked!!! Then I put it back together and it still worked! I guess it was a grounding problem. From now on, I will be sure to use all the holes and standoffs.

So, there you have it. I am now installing XP at 2.53.

Thanks for you help!

Tad

:D :D :D :D

tdenton said:

:D

Thank you SOOOOO much! I never would have thought, but I did it and it worked!!! Then I put it back together and it still worked! I guess it was a grounding problem. From now on, I will be sure to use all the holes and standoffs.

So, there you have it. I am now installing XP at 2.53.

Thanks for you help!

Tad

:D :D :D :D

Your welcome!
Glad it worked out for you. Made my day:beer:

Al

Back