• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1/5 divider

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Goo Kenson

Is this automatic on A7V333, do I need to activate it in the BIOS or anything? I'm going to overclock for the first time once I get my new hsf installed, so I'm wondering about this.

Oni hit it on the head, at fsb's of 166mhz and above the 1/5 divider automatically kicks in, also note that progs like sandra and wcpuid may report that you are using a 1/4 divider when your really using 1/5 it's just that those progs aren't up to date enough to display the 1/5 divider.

You'll see the 1/5 divider kick in at 166fsb and above in the bios where you set the fsb- 166/33 and also 200/40 means the 1/5 divider is in effect.

maxima88 said:
You'll see the 1/5 divider kick in at 166fsb and above in the bios where you set the fsb- 166/33 and also 200/40 means the 1/5 divider is in effect.

is it advisable to crank up the fsb up to 166MHz if i get 45ºC load temps on prime 95?

PhobMX said:

is it advisable to crank up the fsb up to 166MHz if i get 45ºC load temps on prime 95?

Yeah, you've got a bit of headroom there. Just keep it under . . . Oh . . . 55c and you'll be just fine. :)

Back