• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

12 x 138 on a 1800+ ????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krott5333

Ok... first of all, I was gonna do the little L1 bridge connecting trick, until I found out the K7S5A doesnt let you change the multiplier. So then I found that interactive ocinside.de thing, and thought about doing something like that..

So, is this a good idea.

Stock Voltage
12 x 138 FSB = 1656 Mhz

I dont wanna upgrade my cooling too much, I just have a cheapo HSF. You think I'll be ok if I have enough case cooling?? Or should I stick with the 133 fsb??

Thanks.

I have a feeling that if you upgrade you cooling, a lot... You could hit the 147FSB (if you have a cheepobios) setting, and really overclock that baby! I could take a 1700+ to 147FSB all the time, without problems, in a situation where there wasnt even a case, just open air, with a generic cooler, so try getting a better CPU fan (just to make sure, every overclocking experience is different for eveyone!) and some decent case cooling, and that baby should overclock well!

So if I set it to 12 x 147, what should I set the voltage to? I can do this by briding certain pins on L11, right ?? What would be recommended for the voltage? Also, which HSF has the best performance:price ratio. I want something cheap, that will work good ( i know you get what you pay for usually though).
Thanks !

Would going to 1.775 increase stability? What is the point of doing this? Make sure of what ?

(sorry for all the questions)

krott5333 said:
Would going to 1.775 increase stability? What is the point of doing this? Make sure of what ?

(sorry for all the questions)

Its ok,the extra voltageincreases stability, so the higher you go, the more voltage you need.

Just remember the higher volts on the core, the higher the heat in the CPU.

It is best to try the standard volts first, see where you can go then mess with voltage if you have stability problems.

I run stock volts, but I have done the volt mod on my board so I can go as high as I want.

Try 143/143 in the cheepobios first and work your way to 150 if you can. You may get lucky and don't need anymore volts like me.

Back