• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how do I...?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fiji

I was wondering how do I reinstall windows so that all my old programs dont come back?> (I have 98se)

also when i try to set up my cable modem through the winipcfg progam it doesnt save the settings so anyone know how to get it so it will save? :rolleyes: :burn: :eek:

also is there a way i can install windows so that i dont have to install IE? ( i have opera)

If you want to start fresh, make a Win98 boot floppy, and boot from the floppy drive. When you get to the A: prompt, type in format c:(assuming this is the partition you want to format and install Windows to) . This will wipe out everything on your drive, so you'd better back up all of your info first.
You can speed up your Windows setup by copying the CD to your harddrive. c:md win98, c:cd win98, c:copy e:\win98\*.*\c:\win98\*.*/e(this assumes that you have one partition, and your CDROM is the E: drive. If it isn't, type DIR at each drive letter until you find your Windows CD. That is the CDROM).
Then type in setup /?. This will allow you to turn off the ads, the boot floppy, and other things.
I don't think you can install Windows without installing IE, though I guess you can uninstall it afterwards. I just ignore it.
I'm not sure about why you can't save your Winipconfig settings.

Last edited:
its really weird, ill go to open up winipcfg then it has a drop down list (ppp and my realtek 10/100) i choose the realtek click release and renew and hit ok but when i run it again it is back to the ppp:mad:

good news, I reformatted my hd the reinstalled windows put on all the drivers and then i went to winipcfg and the settings stuck thanks for your help :cool: :D :) :cool:

Back