• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

In your opinion, what are accepted system temps and the limit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Garfield

What are your system temps? What do you think is to high? I need to know this and have a good technical idea of what a high system temp is because I'm designing something for my computer. And this is needed. Personally, my system temp is around 25C on a cold day and maybe 31C on a warm day. But, what do you guys think is "high"? You know, the "limit"?

dont go higher than 56ish... i know all the athlonxp's can go way way higher then that... but thats my personal limit lol

:D

Nico3k said:
dont go higher than 56ish... i know all the athlonxp's can go way way higher then that... but thats my personal limit lol

:D

I believe he's talking about case/mobo temps.

IMHO, you could probably go as high as 35 - 37 (I've already been there) and not damage anything, although 40 would be the limit however, I seen motherboards that got higher than 40! Acceptable? Prob 25-30 is most common. Those 35 - 37 mobo temps I got were during the blazing summer when the temperatures were 41 degrees outside with humidity.

Yodums

Back