• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NOLF2 or UT2003...vote!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Puer Aeternus

I wanna buy one of these games this friday..i dont know which one?

My rig is ready for some serious graphics like UT2003...but NOLF2 looks like a really fun FPS.

If I knew that NOLF's Engine was near as good as UT2003 that might swing my vote to buy NOLF2 instead....I want to put my GF4 t1 4200 to work!

UT2k3!

I played NOLF 1, and that was OK, but UT has always been one of my favorites..

Last edited:
Past: Didn't like NOLF, but did like UT!
Present: Havent played NOLF2, but did try UT2003 demo & liked it.

Call me a $exist, but I don't like female character based games for some reason! :p Just doesn't appeal to me. Think I'm going to get flamed now.. :D hehe

NOLF2 graphics are prettier than UT's, IMO. Lots of snazzy outdoor stuff and the main character is deliciously curvy, better for admiring and enjoying than simply framerates.

NOLF2 is you like single player, UT2K3 if your going to play online alot.

i have both (well, i borrowed UT2K3 from my cousin) and they are both awsome.

cursor said:
Just got NOLF2 myself. I usually prefer a good single-player than the online stuff. I always get my clock cleaned...:(

Oh! You must have a life other than playing games! :D (unlike like the guys owning you)

I have the same dilemma. I'm leaning towards NOLF 2 myself. Fry's had it on sale for $39.99, but I think the sale ended yesterday (maybe today?).

NOLF2 is a must, but lemme warn you.. the game is very addictive and very SHORT :( took me about two days to complete it

now i am playing hitman2 which is simply AWESOME !!! :D

Thanks guys! It looks like a tough choice. One thing I did not consider is replayability. Games like NOLF, Jedi,max payne, MOHAAA are fun but enevitably end up back at Electronics boutique for a trade in...Games like Q3:TA, Tribes and UT stick around a lot longer and have greater replay value for me....so I think I will go for UT2003. I would love to buy both games but right now it can be only one and UT2003 will probably outlast NOLF2 in this house.

Thanks again...that actually reallly helped me and it was fun reading all your opinions:D

Yay! Got both of'em today! I'll play them properly for a while & give my opinion again.. :D

Till now NOLF2 is looking really good!

first of all, it has the best graphics i have seen to date. beat ut2k3 for sure. you know the grass on the ground in ut2k3? you know how it just looks like a image file? you know how its actually flat and one side always faces you? well, in nolf2, the grass has volume and it moves in with the wind, you can walk through it, it just looks incredible. the varouis weather effects are stunning to say the least. the water effects ohh man. the game itself is great. its more or less a james bond/sixties spy movie spoof. it has genuinely funny stuff in it. whlie maintaining a certain level of blood and gore (not quite gore but there are some prretty sick things in there). oh man this game is great! buy it today! also get the firstone.
its based on the lithtech though now called jupiter (2?) engine. its from the makers of shogo: mobile armor devision, which was the best game ever, its in my top 3. it along with nolf1, and nolf2 will prob be there as well

Back