• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HSF vs Watercooling- survey!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JML

I was wondering what the ratio in the forum was of people that are using a hsf or watercooling on their main comp? Please include some info on your hsf/watercooler.

I'm vote one for watercooling
DangerDen Maze2-Cooling Cube-Rio600

HSF over here
-----------------
Duron 800 @ 1050 with Global Win FOP-32 (140 x 7.5)
Abit KT7A-Raid Mobo
512 mb (Crucial Stuff CAS 2)
Hard Drive Cooler
Elsa Eraser X2 Gforce with Blue Orb (modified to display as a Quadro and overclocked http://www.tweakhardware.com/guide/quadro/ )
Sound Blaster Live Value
Full Tower with 5 (120 mm) case fans with seperate PSU

Both!

I have the DD waterblock with a Global Win on top of it. It is not running right now, I took it apart to paint and other mods.

Regular system is a Danger Den Maze 2.2, Cooling Cube and Danner 700. Playing with pelts and a cooling tower. Aircooling is only used on the bench,

I use both air and water. My main system is water cooled 1.2 TBird using a Swiftech MCW462, my toy is a sub 0 chilled water 1.3 Tbird with a Maze2 block.

The server BP6 w/dual 366 @ 572 with 2 Alpha pal 6035 As of now this thing hasn't even been rebooted in over 6 months! At one time it almost made a year befor it crashed with Red Hat 6 try that with MS crap.

Portable gaming system uses a hedgehog to keep a 1.2 bird in the upper 30's under full load.

Then there is the G4 mac.....funny how this thing runs only a little over room temp with just a heatsink, no fan!

Closed loop Watercooling with a tec, but still working out the bugs. about 13c @ idle and 20c under full load. But will get it cooler.

See sig for the rest.

Back