• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Geil DDR-433 Platinum Memory Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have a 512 stick of Corsair XMS 3500 running @ 430mhz and it runs like a dream.

That is my next upgrade. I got this watercooled PC, but I can't take my generic PC2100 memory past 160FSB stable. XMS here I come.

Rambus said:
I have a 512 stick of Corsair XMS 3500 running @ 430mhz and it runs like a dream.

I have a 512mb stick of Corsair XMS pc-3200 cas2.5 that can run at DDR 460 with 2.7vdimm. It's just too bad my mobo is stopping my overclock.

Malakai said:

that matters why?:p

I can do DDR 460 below 133 fsb (115/3*6=DDR 460) and I can't even do DDR DDR 420 above 133 fsb (140/4*6=DDR 420).

All these memory dividers are are different from AMD setups.

i know what the dividers are, but the memory bus speed is the same on AMD and intel, its the FSB's that are different.

it makes no difference what board it is really (AMD/Intel wise)

well here is to hoping the ram is good....I just ordered 768MB of it a few days ago and will post my results. I currently have generic pc2700 ram which won't go above 166Mhz FSB so this has gotta be better.

actually Mal, the board can hold RAM back, I have a SiS board that I my RAM cannot do 145fsb with and my current Intel chipset board (Asus P4B533) that the RAM will do 155 in.

The board's design can play a part, the way the traces go to the memory can encourage cross-talk at high fsb speeds that will limit stability at high speeds, additionally certain chipsets are more capable at handling high speeds than others, the memory clock generators may be better or other factors may come into play.

The board plays a large part any any OC, the OC can only be as good as your baard, hence the name MOTHERboard.
________
Israeli recipes

Last edited:
seamadan000 said:
actually Mal, the board can hold RAM back, I have a SiS board that I my RAM cannot do 145fsb with and my current Intel chipset board (Asus P4B533) that the RAM will do 155 in.

The board's design can play a part, the way the traces go to the memory can encourage cross-talk at high fsb speeds that will limit stability at high speeds, additionally certain chipsets are more capable at handling high speeds than others, the memory clock generators may be better or other factors may come into play.

The board plays a large part any any OC, the OC can only be as good as your baard, hence the name MOTHERboard.

lol i know dude, but you were implying that the FSB could go higher because its an Intel mobo. Intel's boards dont magically go faster than AMD's do, and even ifg they did, not to the mark of 20+mhz faster

seamadan000 said:

I'm really happy that I'm not the only one running a SIS chipset that can't do higher fsb speeds because of memory dividers. :)

Malakai said:

lol i know dude, but you were implying that the FSB could go higher because its an Intel mobo. Intel's boards dont magically go faster than AMD's do, and even ifg they did, not to the mark of 20+mhz faster

Gosh, you have the whole thing messed up. No one was implying that Intel mobo's were faster, and no one said AMD mobo's aren't any good. All I said was that Intel have memory dividers for more bandwidth that the AMD mobo's don't have. AMD mobo's don't even need much bandwidth. :)

i dunno about geil dde433.
buy my geil ddr 333(turbo 2522 1t) is really crappy.
i got random err ,such as cann't read or cann't write, with 333 setting (although no err on 266mhz tho)
they hand picked their mem so it means ddr 333 is not likely go high like samsung ddr333 or etc.
all of good one goes to hand picked higher overclocked mem like ddr400 or so(geil ddr400 and ddr333 use same chip) .
geil is pain in my @SS now,
i send e-mail about tech support to geil and ocsystem but got nothing .it has been more than week.
i might got dud one but honestly stay from geil (it is just personal).
i don't think i will never buy geil again.

Back