• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 Sticks of cas2 run at cas2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krowa 02

I have been looking into buying my new ram for a few days and some sources tell me that if I run 2 sticks of cas2 ram they will not run at cas 2 together. Is this true, if so should I just save extra money to buy the stick I want but with more ram? I guess if I do have to buy 1 ill save cash for some pc3500 ram, otherwise ill just get a stick of 3200 now and another later.

i could well be wrong about this but i think they SHOULD run at CAS2 as far as thats the specified. never heard about two stickns not to run at CAS2 only because they are two sticks.

Not sure about the DDR stuff, but I got 2 sticks of Crucial
PC133 SDRAM, 256mb each, running 2-2-2 5/7 at 155
right now.

Yes, some of the Cosair specs show the cas dropping from 2 to 2.5 for two sticks, for example CMX512-3000C2 but not all their memory. However, the link is to the same memory that I'm running and I'm running two sticks at cas2. As with most memory sticks, it doesn't mean that it won't do it, just that they don't guarrente it. :cool:

As far as i know, there are motherboards out there that only support one module of CAS2.. anymore and it'll drop to CAS2.5

The Asus A7V8X is one of them.. which is why i bought one stick of 512 cas2, instead of 2 sticks of 256 cas2, another reason was that one stick of 512 is cheaper than 2 of those 256's anyways!

Im just gonna save my cash to buy a cas 2 stick of 3200, 512 mb. I guess thats the best deal I can get and it would kick alot of *** :)

Back