• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fanbus...i think

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xbiker321

I don’t know much about cooling so bare with me

I have 4 fans that I would like to control with switches, 2 intakes and 2 exhausts. When I watch a DVD movie, or listen to music I would like it to be quiet so I want to be able to turn off some fans to reduce the noise. Now I don’t know a lot about cooling, yet, but I assume the thing I need is a fanbus to control these 4 fans. If I am right can someone tell me a good place to buy them, thanks. :D

any directions for these, do i just plug the fan into the back of this baybus or is there something else i need to do? do the fans need to be a 3 or 4 pin connection?

you will have to cut the molex connectors off and plug the bare ground and 12 volt wires into the back of the baybus. You then plug one molex connector into the whole thing to give it power.

Back