• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how are the leadtek 4200 or 4600's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

snyper1982

im getting rid of the Gainward and getting a new one, and i was wondering about the leadtek or the msi. i have heard good stuff about the msi, but nothing about the leadtek. i think i am going to end up buying a leadtek they seem to be a bit cheaper, if they are having problems please let me know before i order. thanks.

I have a Leadtek Gforce4 Ti4200. I think they are great. Some Gainwards are known to have problems, I am not too sure about Gainwards, but I do like Gainward cards equally as I like Leadtek.

I have the 64Mb version and actually I have two of them in two different machines. The first one does not overclock well, it can only do 285mhz Core GPU and 610mhz on the memory, but I still get 12,600 3d marks with it running an overclocked Pentium 4 1.6a @ 2.5ghz.

The other machine is running my other Gforce 4 Ti 4200 perfectly at 305mhz Core GPU and 605mhz on the memory. I get 7800 3d marks with a Dual Pentium III 1000mhz (133) setup Abit VP6. I am going to swap the cards out.

I had the best luck with Leadtek cards. I have a Gforce3 Ti200 from leadtek and I was able to overclock without any issues from 175mhz Core up to 220 perfectly and from 400mhz memory to 520mhz.

The best thing about leadtek was the warranty. I had fried my first Gforce 4 Ti4200 64MB. I removed the HSF unit to expose how poorly the thermal goop was applied by the company. So I was able to RMA regardless if the HSF was tampered with. Leadtek is great!

Finally someone that doesn't automatically recommend MSI. Thanks for the info too, I am ordering a Leadtek GF4 Ti4200 VIVO 128MB.

Back