• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Multiple Video Adapter AGP AND PCI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PKMax

Hello Everybody....

I've installed a second video card in my machine, but i'm having problems getting it working, 1 is an AGP RIVA TNT 2, the second is is a S3 Trio64V2/DX

it possible to use an AGP video card and a PCI video card together or must they both be PCI, and do they have to be the same make...

Tried Setting AGP aperture to 8mb, and don't seem to be able change the AGP mode.

Just changing the AGP aperture didn't work.

The device does appear in Win2k Device manager, but reports that the device cannot start.

If I change the BIOS Video Default Start to PCI then the Video card works, but then the AGP card doesn't.

i believe they have to be both pci cards, i had trouble trying to setup the agp w/ a pci card and didnt fly too well. i dont think they have to be the same too. i have 2 pci cards running on my machine, ati aiw pro w/ 8mb and a diamond stealth 32mb. if anything try to upgrade ur card that supports dual display.

u might get some conflicts like i had ie. frequency out of range. just try different slots and it should run. i set mine up video card 1 closest to the isa slot and the other next to the agp. oh yeah what os u running?

Back