• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my cpu is much to hot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dj_doggy

i have i have a 1,4 amd athlon cpu, and a fan, but it is to noicy, and it is not that god, and the cpu is on about 55`c. i want it cooler, and more silent, i`m supuse to sleepe whit it on.
it must be cheep!!!

my rom temp is about 20`c, my heatsink is : Glacial Cooling Fan Socket A/370 All PIII/Celeron AMD Up-To 1.97GHz Low Noise 25dB.
i have one 120mm, and one 80mm, and one more powerful fan over the heatsink(8000rpm), all inside a chiftec maxi-tower, but thay er not active, thay make to much noice... :(

Last edited:
ok what heat sink do you have now. what is your room temprature. and how many case fans do you have

so hows your airflow setup youu listed how many fans you have but not how its movung. also what TIM(thernal interface material) are you using.

dj_doggy said:
ok, just forget it, i have desided to buy a waterbased coolingsystem

I have been reading through many of the water cooling posts. If you can’t set up a good air cooled system, then good luck on the water cooling. My air cooled does better than some water cooling systems. The only reason my Air cooled system performs just as well is that it is set up properly, their water cooling system is set up poorly. The water system is much more difficult to get just right.

ok, how do you get a fancooler to be better than watercooler??? and it must me noicy for you..(?), i want it silent, i`m supose to sleep whit the computer on, so is your computer silet???

AH, Two good points. I am really not trying to say that my system is better than ALL water cooled systems, just some that I have seen (not always really better but just as good even under load). I just think you could make some improvements. Do you have any Pics? I am still in the process of developing my water cooled system. I have a few ideas that mabey I could throw your way. My system is VERY loud. There is 2 80mm and 1 120mm Intake. There is 2 80mm and 1 60mm exhaust. There is also an 80mm on my CPU and a 60mm on my video card. So yes, it is not quiet but lucky for me the noise is not a problem(it does not bother me?). I really do not mean to offend.

ok, i have made a picture in paint, but it is to large ti give here, do you maby have an e-mail i can send it to???

dj_doggy said:
I think you ansvare a littel slow...

dj_doggy said:
ok, just forget it

If you haven't noticed, this is a very peaceful forum. No flaming here.. if you want that go somewhere else. It is a good thing no one else responded with the same attitude you had toward the people that were trying to help you.

normally i give a big warm welcome to new members... but er...

welcome to the forums

I've always found that a bit of constant white noise helps to ameliorate the sounds of urban living, and I sleep better, without being disturbed by extraneous outside noise: cars passing, etc.

I agree Funk, that dj did seem unreasonably and irrationally testy.

Welcome dj_doggy.

We are all here to help each other.

ok, i dont realy ment to be like this, i`m sorry if i was so bad that you think, but i dont realy think i was that bad :(
sorry!!!
love from Dj_doggy

I would make sure the fans intake and exhaust only have chrome fan grills. Anything else and it drasticaly lowers cfm throughput in your system and also raises noise alot. You probably could get alot of use out of a pair of tin snips...tin snips your new best friend, they are that good. I use mine pretty much every day heheh.

Below is a PIC of my temps on my 1.3 Duron system. The case temps are 10 degrees hotter than the room temp. You can see the CPU is not much hotter than the system. It does not go above 6+ hotter under load. It is also running at 1400 MHz. I have an 80mm, 85 CFM fan setup for the heatsink. The 92 and 80mm intake fans are pretty weak, I think if I re-do the intake, exhaust system both temps will go down. BTW, this SOYO board uses direct DIODE for temp readings so they are good numbers. This setup is LOUD, can't wait to finish my water cooling system.

Back