• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3DMark score??????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cyborg

Just out of curiosity, I always wonder about this.
When I get to compare scores of an identical setup (CPU, MB, VC etc.) and one score is, lets say 11000 and the other score is 13000, then you see that the one with the higher score has a higher fsb, overclocked his/her VC higher or whatever.
Now the question: why would there be any instance like a Fill Rate or game 4 or whatever, where the one with the 11000 score is higher then the one with the 13000 score?

The score is calculated from the FPS of the four game tests ONLY. The others are just for reference.

Now even though one little thing may be higher in the lower scoring card I don't think all of them are higher. Sometimes things can vary a bit.

If they are all higher than the higher scoring card then suspect that someone cheated. Like I said the 3dmark test only judges on the FPS of the game tests, and there are ways to tweak those while leaving the card slow, i.e. putting it in wireframe mode or something.

--Illah

Back