• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Evga RTX 3080 12G FTW3 Ultra Hydro Copper Gaming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nebulous

Dreadnought Class Senior
With the help of my very good friend Jeff (Stereo55), I managed to score my new video card! There's been alot of talk about the new 4XXX's cards coming out soon, but how "soon" is that? And besides, there's noway in hell I'll be able to afford that when they are released (as was that when the 3XXX's were released). My finances are alot different than your normal "Joe", even tho my name ain't "Joe". (No offense Joe, you know who you are ;) :ROFLMAO:).

The way I score brand spankin' new, or "new-ish" is I have to give up a few things monthly to be able to "save" and then hope one of my buddies snag it on a sale/deal/discount and then I purchase from them. It's the only way for me to be able to get upgrades. Yeah I suffer for a few months on minimal meals (1 potatoe a day), for the 30 days. It's not so bad. Hell I even get a treat and get butter, but that's pretty rare (butter is expensive!)

So it should be here by Monday or Tuesday. A quick swap and I'll be back in action. Of course mandated pics will be posted.

Yeah boiee!

sexy rgb wb on there! you going to post pics of it when you get it all setup?

Been on the 1060 6gb for so long, not sure if i should get a 3060 TI LHR on newegg for $480. i keep going back and forth, 4060 or 3060TI. if the "specs" are right for the 4060, it should be faster then the 3060TI. i say that given the 48mb L2 on the card, the 4060 has a good bump in Texture fill rate, FP16/FP32 rates. i am worried about the memory BW though, that is kind of concerning. either way i look at it, it is going to be a big jump for me.

@Nebulous congratulations on picking up that card. Looks like a good pick. Do you have the games and monitor to push that card?

Last October I picked up an ASUS ROG Strix NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti V2 OC Edition Gaming card for $650. It replaced an ASUS ROG Strix NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. Back then it was uncertain how long the cryptocurrency craziness would go on so it was unknown when the GPU prices would return to normal. It would have nice to get a RTX3070 or RTX3080 instead but back then they were too expensive. I have a 1080p monitor so the RTX3060Ti is fine at that resolution.

BTW, I got my current GPU for $650 by getting on a waiting list. I wasn't going to pay the $1100 they were selling for on Ebay.

I am not worried about the RTX4000 series right now. As long as my current GPU works OK I will be satisfied with it.

Yeah. I get that the 4xxx are coming out but many of us were stuck on 1xxx cards when the market went to hell. If you were held back due to market prices and/or availiblility, getting a 3xxx card now is perfectly warranted. You've waited enough. Prices are finally getting back to a reasonable level so good on you.

I know you'll enjoy the new card. I know it. ;)

sexy rgb wb on there! you going to post pics of it when you get it all setup?

Been on the 1060 6gb for so long, not sure if i should get a 3060 TI LHR on newegg for $480. i keep going back and forth, 4060 or 3060TI. if the "specs" are right for the 4060, it should be faster then the 3060TI. i say that given the 48mb L2 on the card, the 4060 has a good bump in Texture fill rate, FP16/FP32 rates. i am worried about the memory BW though, that is kind of concerning. either way i look at it, it is going to be a big jump for me.
Yo E! Good to see ya bud! Of course I'm going to post pics. I was on my 1070 since day one and I managed to snag a 1080ti Hybrid which I'm currently on. For me that was a big jump.

@Nebulous congratulations on picking up that card. Looks like a good pick. Do you have the games and monitor to push that card?

Last October I picked up an ASUS ROG Strix NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti V2 OC Edition Gaming card for $650. It replaced an ASUS ROG Strix NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. Back then it was uncertain how long the cryptocurrency craziness would go on so it was unknown when the GPU prices would return to normal. It would have nice to get a RTX3070 or RTX3080 instead but back then they were too expensive. I have a 1080p monitor so the RTX3060Ti is fine at that resolution.

BTW, I got my current GPU for $650 by getting on a waiting list. I wasn't going to pay the $1100 they were selling for on Ebay.

I am not worried about the RTX4000 series right now. As long as my current GPU works OK I will be satisfied with it.
Thanks! I've got a few titles that will benefit from the new card. As for screens, I'm currently on a single (1080p/60Hz) 43" TV I use as a monitor. I'm upgrading to a 120Hz TV for my new screen. I'm trying to keep the whole video card & monitor upgrade under $1300.
Nice pick up, Neb!

Worth noting, the 4000 series should be out by the end of year, a bit sooner.
Thx Joe!

Yeah I know. It will be no surprise that the pricing on those new 4000 cards will be astronomical. Of course they'll play that "shortage" card and ramp the prices up even more.
I'll be in the back of the theater near the exit with my bag of popcorn watching the carnage and haul butt when it gets crazy.

I'm wondering if the remainder of the 3000 cards will be pricey as well during that time.
Post magically merged:

Yeah. I get that the 4xxx are coming out but many of us were stuck on 1xxx cards when the market went to hell. If you were held back due to market prices and/or availiblility, getting a 3xxx card now is perfectly warranted. You've waited enough. Prices are finally getting back to a reasonable level so good on you.

I know you'll enjoy the new card. I know it. ;)
Yo Don! Yep, that was exactly my position at the time. Dang insanity is what it was. I can hardly wait to get the new card cookin' with my new games and screen! Thanks buddy!

Yo E! Good to see ya bud! Of course I'm going to post pics. I was on my 1070 since day one and I managed to snag a 1080ti Hybrid which I'm currently on. For me that was a big jump.

Yeah I know. It will be no surprise that the pricing on those new 4000 cards will be astronomical. Of course they'll play that "shortage" card and ramp the prices up even more.
I'll be in the back of the theater near the exit with my bag of popcorn watching the carnage and haul butt when it gets crazy.
yea i still get on and read from time to time. i spend most my time playing different game, got some older ones that run like crap on the 1060 6gb. From the YT video i watched, NV bought up so much capacity with TSMC. Basicly NV sees the current market flooded with 3XXX cards on ebay, with the new 4XXX cards around the corner. NV sees the writing the video card market got FK'd with this huge flood people on older cards will be getting good deals on 3xxx's. Now NV is saying they dont need to make as many chips as they thought since the crypto market dropped like a rock. now they need to find someone to fill the extra gap for chips they dont need. We may see some good deals on 4xxx's, which is why i was looking at the 4060, think i am going to wait for it.

I wanted a 3080 of whatever the fastest NV card was back when I built this computer, but there wasn't any and IF you could find one it was 40 billion dollars. I paid out the butt for my 3060. Glad you got what you wanted and didn't overpay.

What a sexy bish. The card too! :rock:
Thanks Joe! Yeah she's sure is sexy! Runs relatively cool under heavy gaming loads. I might still have air in the lines from the swap. With SE5, everything turned up to the max @ 1440, after about an hour, temps topped out at 50c. Killawatt showed the whole rig is now pulling 600w from the wall. That's about 250 more than with the 1080ti. Backside of the 3080 is warm, but not scalding hot likt eh 1080ti.

Back