• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my new fans got her today

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shuruga2

my new fans got here today

here, not her. i changed it but it wont change on the board

i havent got the 120mm one in yet but when i do:

ys tech 60mm 40cfm 48.2dB
delta 92mm 100cfm 52.5 dB
sunnon 80mm 50 cfm 40 dB
out = 190cfm

ys tech 120mm 125.5cfm 45 dB
sunnon 80mm 50 cfm 40 dB
sunnon 80mm 50 cfm 40 dB
in = 225.5cfm

the good news: i can barely hear my tornado anymore
the bad news: its cause all the other fans are louder

more good news tho. my old idle temp (47) is now my load temp

All those fans and the horrible noise and you're load temp is still 47c???:D :D

Last edited:
man tat is terrible temp, i have an Tbird 133@1566 and my temp r 36idle and 41 load. I'm using a volcano 7 hs wit a smart fan 2, and AS3. one 120 mm fan exhausting from the side and 1 80 mm fan intake right under.

What are your ambient/room temps, and what are case temps? Temps are fairly high for an AX-7 and all that CFM going around...

Holy cow thats alot of cooling to still have those temps! Am I reading your sig right in that you are not even oced?

PLUS a vantec tornado on the AX-7?!? dude, that's pretty high, you could probally get a watercooling system for as much as you got the fans for, plus it will cool down like 15C more, and you could have some peace and quiet

- i dont like the maintnence of a watercooling setup
- if i went to wc i'd want it all contained in my case and i only have a mid tower
- ambient temps are usually 24-27, case temps were within 3deg
- these temps are very good for my setup. ie my power supply nearly touches the hs, temps get better if i have it sitting outside the case, etc...
- that 47 idle is with the tornado at 7v
- i'm getting controlls made for me so i'll be able to fine tune everything

Back