• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is the 2200+ now mature enough to overclock ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neville

I dont want to spend $200 on a 2400+ so was wondering if the 2200+ has matured enough to the point where decent overclocking can be expected ?

Thanks
Neville

hhmmm well i dunno.i can easily do 2ghz with mine.11.5x174 at the moment.ive done higher.i can go higher but i need better parts.200mhz oc.

my chip can run 180 fsb no prob.i dont have heat problems as bad as people have stated.price isnt bad.its a ok chip.

only other option i can say is the xp1600 can get 1800-2000 sometimes with reall good equipment.plus the 1600 is $55!

if you are just getting started id say the 1600 is the wayto go.ive been doing this a year or 2 so i think i can deal with the problems of the 2200 a little easier.

ive seem benches of people here running 1600's that score as high as mine.little more time ill leave em behind me,but new parts cost money and take time

I already have a 1600 that i can get to around 1750 but was hoping that the 2200+ could get beyond 1900 or 1950 without a sweat. Most of of components are OC friendly already

im pretty sure considering what i got out my 1600 that the 2200 could probably do the same, considering if you unlocked it. my 1600 is still locked, check the sig.

If your components will hit the higher FSB, the chip should be mature enough for 2G+ on pretty much any setup...Good luck, bro :)

if uve got anything higher then 1.7 ghz i suggest u wait till the 166 fsb cores start hitting the market i.e 2800+, barton

Personally I would go for the 2800+ or 3000+ supposidly coming out in the first quarter of 2003 "January" 2800+ is around Xmas. I would get a 1600+ from www.newegg.com for now oc that , easy 1800mhz+ on air. Then I would grab the 2800 or 3000+ . Just so you don't wind up feeling bad like me. Going out and buying a 1600+ then trying a 2200+ which is takes alot of burning in for the 2200. Then you realise the 2400+ just came out an gets 2.4ghz on air which is nutz. Just think how the 2800 and 3000 are gona be eh? 3000+ look at around 3.1Ghz on air :D

i am not changing my 1750mhz cpu till barton comes out and if you have any cpu with around the same speed i suggest that you do the same or even wait till mid next year for hammer.

i mean what is there that needs stuff so fast? photoshop runs great w/ this speed you just need a fast FSB.

save your money and get a 1600+ and then invest more $$$ on your Ram and motherboard (those nforce 2 boards look niceeee if they ever come out)

Having not long built the new rig I'm also waiting for Barton before upgrading - when it becomes 'bargin basement'. :)

Wouldn't overclocking of the 2200 be limited anyway as they had to change the design to get the 2400.

Unless you have money to burn I personally dont see any point in upgrading if you already have an XP until at least the Barton comes out or possibly even the Clawhammer (where a full upgrade will be required) supposing AMD lasts that long!

Back