• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who here has had compatibility probs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Goo Kenson

with the A7V333? I hear that it has a lot of compatibility problems and such but I've had none. Some have said to get the A7S333, which is an SiS chipset, right? Who has one of those and have you had any problems?

I've always heard the A7V333 is superior to the A7S333, including compatablity issuses. I've never had problems with the A7V333. I've built two systems so far, one with some parts from an old HP, and never had a problem.

A7V333 is rock solid stable for me...compatible with everything beautifully..and i have a lot of stuff

Goo Kenson said:
with the A7V333? I hear that it has a lot of compatibility problems and such but I've had none. Some have said to get the A7S333, which is an SiS chipset, right? Who has one of those and have you had any problems?
I think you maybe have the two mixed up - I have had no compatibility problems whatsoever with the Via chipset.

When I first got my board my PS2 mouse would cause windows to lockup. It works fine with my USB mouse however. I think the problem was with the mouse itself as it was cheap. :p

Russell said:
If you don't consider failed cpu test and disk boot errors compatibility problems then it's a great board!
Was this because of set up issues within the BIOS? Or are you still having problems?

Back