• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI Geforce 4 ti 4200 (64megs) or Hercules Radeon 8500LE (128megs)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rizge

Hi
i am gonna buy a graphic card soon
and i am stuck between those two because i live in egypt
so, just tell me which one is better in:
default performance
terms of oc/oc potential
i am planning to keep it atleast 1.5 year

Hercules makes good boards, and the 128MB VRAM will help it in future games. Isn't Doom3 going to *require* 128MB VRAM if you don't want to run on low settings?

BigMofo said:
#@$@#$@#!$ freaking typo! i mean perform :D and yes 4200's performance is better.

ON OLDER GAMES!

On any new game with large textures the 64mb Ti4200 sucks it up. LARGE! The 128mb Radeon 8500LE would be a better purchase. However, I'd go with the Ti4200 128mb to have the best deal. It's not THAT much more.

So getting a Ti 4200 with 128ram would be better then both the 2 rizge said?

Rich_T

yo
That is my oppinion too
but here in egypt i can only find one ti 4200 with 128 mem(abit Siluro) but at a steep price 1100LE (~250$)
i have still 1-2 weeks to go until i get one but my mind isn't clear yet
i mean i think hercules is a highly reputed company and their product are good and so on but i have 2 fears :
1) Some people say Ati drivers suck
2)Nobody seems to have it
Everybody who has 8500le has the 3d prophet 8500LE FDX not the non-fdx(what is the difference between them) and there are no review to the NON-FDX version

Back