• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4GB low overclock availability

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Entosz

Hi, I recently have built a new pc and I am facing problems while over clocking the GPU.
Using the software furmark(fullscreen 1920x1080) I see that my GPU with factory settings does approximately 46fps. When I'm using the MSI Afterburner I am able to do a really low overclock on the GPU, but as soon as I try to push a little bit more on the memory clock the frame rate drops to 9 fps. The maximum that I was able to reach was:
- Core Clock +150
- Memory Clock +295
afterburner.PNG
When I search for other people with the same GPU I see that they are available to Set the memory clock to at least +500, link. Am I missing something? Should I ask for a replacement of my GPU?
Thanks,

My Setup:
Asus Prime z270-a
Intel i7-7700k
Corsair 2x8GB CL 16 3200 (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16)
Corsair RM650x
Samsung 960 250GB NVME
Noctua D15
MSI GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4GB

One thing I noticed is your core voltage slider, its locked... That could be causing an issue with OCing the card.

Check with GPUz what type of memory is on that card. In the review you linked, that card has Samsung memory which does OC very well. I checked the BIOS repository at TPU and for your card it's possible to get Samsung, Micron or Elpida memory so I'm putting my money on your card just having different memory and you'll be hard pressed to OC it much more.

Hi.

My Asus Phoenix 1050 TI VRAM caps at the exact same value. Does your card have SK Hynix memory? Because mine does... Check in GPU-z.

Did you found any solution to this? (if there is any)

thanks

Back