• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

120mm for intake or exhaust????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

woods

I won a yate loon 120mm x 120mm x 25mm fan. I thought that it would have a little higher cfm than 60 cfm so I had it as my sole exhaust in my case plans. They are as follows: 2x 30cfm 80mm intake, 1x 38cfm 60mm intake, 1x 28cfm 70mm intake, 1x 60cfm 120mm exhaust. will this work? it gives me 126cfm in and 60cfm out. If you would change any of it around, how would you do it? ( cant change the 60mm around due to design)

maybe try to equal it out....change a 30 from intake to exhaust giving 96cfm in and 90cfm out. This should make better use of your fans. Also, try to position your fans so air flows bottom to top, front to back (if it isnt like this already).

where are your fans located. I'm guessing the 2x80 are in the bottom front as intakes. Then you have the 120mm as a blowhole up top? Then the PSU exhausts and fans in the back? I think generally you want to at least even out the intake/exhaust or at least have the exhaust cfm a little higher than the intake.

Work with physics. Hot air moves up, so you want to shoot cold air from the bottom and have the hot air sucked out the top. Any other way would be less efficient

I suggest you place the 120mm on the side cover blowing cool air onto the vid card. That's how I have mine.

I have the 120mm in the front botomm of the case. 1 60mm in the side blowing on the cpu, I have ordered another 80mm and will be putting two of them in the top for exhaust, and 1 70mm below my cd drives. I will have my third 80mm fan over my pci cards. TY for the input.

Back