• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to make WinXP Pro Startup CD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diggingforgold

I noticed on either some board or some site, that there is a step by step way to make a winxp start up disk, but burn it to cd rather than floppy. I dont have a floppy, and I have no spare floppies lieing around, so i cant make a start up disk, then burn its contents on cd. I think the technology of floppy disks are obsolete and not used around our house any more, but this is one time when I wish I had a few of them.

there is a download that uses 6 floppies to make a startup disk....but if you use the xp cd, you can just boot from cd, and it does it all for you...

yeah that would probably..work... i think if you did it with floppys you'd need 6... but just burn the all onto the CD in no dirs... and still use to 98 boots disk so you've got cd-rom use... then it should work :)

diggingforgold said:
I noticed on either some board or some site, that there is a step by step way to make a winxp start up disk, but burn it to cd rather than floppy. I dont have a floppy, and I have no spare floppies lieing around, so i cant make a start up disk, then burn its contents on cd. I think the technology of floppy disks are obsolete and not used around our house any more, but this is one time when I wish I had a few of them.

Heres a link to make a bootable XP CD:

http://www.windowsxp.nu/bootcd/default.htm

Back