• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

vantec 520a psu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

obliv

i just got my vantec 520a in, frickin sweet.. my question, how much voltage can that extra AC output take? i wanna plug my surge into there so all my stuff turns off when my comp does; can it overload?

1. I believe it acts just like an extension cord, and shouldnt affect your computer volts at all

BUT

2. I think the plug stays active when the computer is turned off. Consult the manual.

yeh id plus the psu into the surge protecter and then power my moniter off the psu ac outlet. u do it the way u stated its lighting target practice!

all i power with my surge is the monitor, printer, and my cable modem, how is that over doing it? :p

additional ac outlet, its BEGGING for it, and i have no idea what its limitations are :(

should be fine for just your printer, modem, monitor. it's just a jump of the main power line to the psu, that line will carry more than enough juice i'd think. it is also switched, i read this in the review as i'm shopping for the same psu, when i do get mine, the additional outlet will power my water pump :)

how about this...you use the surge protector for your main computer...and plug everything into their...and if you dont have enough room..move one plug from the main one..and put it into the secondary...and plug the secondary..into the main plug

well i was thinking of just mounting a small surge on the right side of the case, have every thing in there, and its connected to the psu, then connect the psu to the wall socket using an extension chord -- it'd be easier for lans.

ahh, good point -- then maybe ill just connect the psu to the surge and use a 3 split extension block to power monitor/printer/cable :)

Back