• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best speakers around ?::

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trend

I am looking to build an awsome new computer.. but don't know crap about speakers... I do know i want EAX and atleast 5.1 (any other options I should want?)

I was looking at the logitech 640 and liked those..
I was looking to spend ~100 to ~160 (depending.. maybe maybe a little more if i could get a remote or something cool)

I wanted to play games, probably not watch dvds though, I just want a nice setup that will last :)

what should I be looking at ?

thanks-lee

Check out the Logitech z-560, its a 4.1 system perfect for games, and since you said you won't do any DVD on your computer, so 5.1 isn't a must for you. The z-560 is listed for $136 at Newegg.

well.. i was looking at that one too.. why not get 5.1 though? the logitech 560 was 5.1 and was a little bit less.. it didn't have thx and all thx is a set of requirements that it has to meet, right?

what is m3d, does the 560 have it also?

why not get the front channel i guess is my question.. front channel = goood :)

the logitech's a good budget set. i've heard them.

but i wouldn't trade my klipsch 2.1 set for anything but a klipsch 5.1

The z-560 is the best set of speaker in your price range...Although the z640 gives you the centre channel too, but the subwoofer is alot less powerful than the Z560.

M3D is a technology from Logitech that will re-create realistic surround sound from standard two-channel stereo sound sources such as music CDs and MP3 files, thus forcing 2 channels into mutli channels.

please correct me if i am wrong, but more power = louder sounds..
i am just going to be setting at my computer... not at my bed in the otehr room listening :)

why is the 640 better? it doesn't have a center channel ..

sorry to be kinda stupid on this subject... if you need help securing something i can help.. but as far as audio/visual goes, i have no clue

thanks!

Logitech makes the following speaker sets...

z340 - 2.1 channels
z540 - 4.1 channels
z560 - 4.1 channels with good sound quality
z640 - 5.1 channels
z680 - 5.1 channels with good sound quality

More power = more platbass:beer:

I have the z540 and am happy with it.. but I was also looking for a budget set, and those cost about $50

And lets face it.. I had my little 2 labtec speakers for 7 years before 3 weeks ago... so 5 tin cups and copper wire would have likely been an improvement.

what do u guys think of creative labs inspire 4.1 4400? i was thinking of getting that one but that logitech z640 looks awsome.

I love my z-540's

I got them with a Santa Cruz Turtle beach for $80.

Sound quality is great, although the M3d thing sucks. It distorts the music, so i just leave it off, I think it's only for two speaker setups?

z-540's get my vote, good quality, and CHEAP!

of course, the z-560's are probably better, but the 540's can make my walls shake while gaming:D:D

If you want cheap but good, go with the 560s. They only cost a tiny bit more than the 540s but you get the center channel, PLUS the cool controller that has a headphone jack on it so you don't have to plug headphones into your sound card. I was a dork and bought the 540s 'cause I was short on cash at the time, but the 560s are only about $13 more at newegg...they're worth it!

Just make sure all your MP3s are ripped at "cd quality" so you can get the full sound benefit of your speakers / sound card.

K1

Back