• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitor going crazy!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeathScyth_Hell

Just a few days ago my monitor started to go crazy.

It will all of a sudden go blurry, which is impossible to do anything else. I have to shutdown, turn the main power off, and turn the comp back on, to fix the problem. The blurryness only happens when im in the desktop, never happened in games.

Is it my monitor or my videocard??...or something else???...it shouldn't be my video card cuz games work perfectly.
My videocard is a Ati 8500 128MB.

PLZ HELP ME!!!

The same exact thing happened to me and I never found out why it happened or what fixed it. Try updating drivers and degausing your monitor, also make sure there's no magnets or anything that could change the monitors environment in close proximity of the monitor.

I have the newest catalyst driver...and i didnt o/c the video card either...
What does degausing mean?

DeathScyth_Hell said:
What does degaus do???

Use it and find out;)

Seriously though, it resets the magnetism of the monitor(if I remember correctly, it's been a while). It won't hurt the monitor to do it if it doesn't need it.

I have a KDS Visual sensation 17" monitor...a pretty crappy one...and i just checked, it doesnt have that function...and that monitor is goin blurry the moment im typing this...

Or do i just have a f***ed up monitor? i only got it for like a year....damn those people...

it must have a degauss button or onscreen setting, most 17inch monitors came with this feature. Look for a button (or if your monitor has an on screen setup feature) that looks like a box with vertically running wavy lines. (if you've seen a defrost button in a car it looks similar) if this does not clear your problem, move any nearby speakers away (to reduce magnetic interference like hitman suggested.) if all else fails it could be on it's way out. If it was new when you purchased it you should be able to get a replacement through your warranty.

Back