• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Acer Predator xb323u gxbmiiphzx goes black for a second...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I would disconnect the internet & delete the MS driver, then install Acer's driver. I've seen MS drivers mess up video card function, so it's safe to assume it might not operate your monitor correctly either. The only reason MS thinks it's better is because it's newer.

To reply to above posts. I don't have another DP monitor. I managed to install the Acer specific monitor driver so we'll see if that changes anything. I also unplugged my monitor from my cyberpower PR1000LCD and plugged into a normal power bar, to see if perhaps my UPS was triggering it to act the way it does. I definitely don't want to jump the gun on a RMA since I have 2 years of warranty left and no other main screen good enough to handle my needs while this one is in RMA. I'll keep updating since it seems that many of us are experiencing similar symptoms with our screens. Thanks for all who contributed so far to this post.

Ok, it's been a couple of days and hopefully I don't jinx it, but I haven't had any black screen timeouts. So either it was my UPS or the Acer specific monitor driver. I don't believe I changed anything else. So those who are having the same issue, try one of those two things. *hopes there's no screen timeout as I finish typing this lol*

NOTE: If it is the UPS, what would cause that? The battery is fairly new, UPS works fine when checking diagnostics and the cyberpower software...hoping it was the driver and not the UPS.

No signs of the UPS quickly switching between battery and AC?

All the outlets on that UPS are on battery, none are surge protected only right? Might be a flaky outlet, did you try another outlet still on the UPS?

No signs of the UPS quickly switching between battery and AC?

All the outlets on that UPS are on battery, none are surge protected only right? Might be a flaky outlet, did you try another outlet still on the UPS?

I have 4 surge and 4 battery outlets on the PSU. I think for some reason, I switched the monitor to surge from battery at one point. Should my critical items (PC, monitors etc) be plugged into the battery outlets?

It all depends. The surge outlets don't get any benefit from the battery backup, so at minimum I'd have the PC itself on a battery outlet.

Then it comes down to what else do you want if you lose AC - like I only have one monitor on battery with my UPS, the other monitor is only on a surge protected outlet.

It all depends. The surge outlets don't get any benefit from the battery backup, so at minimum I'd have the PC itself on a battery outlet.

Then it comes down to what else do you want if you lose AC - like I only have one monitor on battery with my UPS, the other monitor is only on a surge protected outlet.
I plugged it back to the battery outlet that I had it in before. We'll see what happens.
Post magically merged:

FWIW, I dont run with a UPS... still happens. I'll try the monitor driver too...
That's the thing, the screen timeout wasn't happening last fall, with generic monitor drivers, so who knows. Maybe it is my UPS surge outlet. Good to cover all ground though.
Post magically merged:

Ok, so just a few minutes and my screen timed out. So it's the UPS and I don't know why. It wasn't happening before. I'll try a different outlet.

Last edited:
That really is weird.

That looks like a pretty advanced UPS, it's not giving any warnings about over/under voltage protection kicking in? Anything else plugged in to it acting up?

That really is weird.

That looks like a pretty advanced UPS, it's not giving any warnings about over/under voltage protection kicking in? Anything else plugged in to it acting up?
No warnings etc, nothing, and nothing else is acting up, though I only have the PC itself and my extension cord which powers my modem, clock and I also have my PC speakers plugged into it. Yeah it's wierd. Trying another outlet on the battery side right now. The two outlets that I feel triggered the timeout are next to each other. The top two.

Just did a self test on the psu and it passed.

It seems like it's my UPS and I don't know why since the load is not even at half of the UPS max with everything plugged into it. I think I'll create a post in PSU section to see if anyone can help.

I'll create a post in PSU section to see if anyone can help.
Please don't. You've got a long thread here already with a ton of information already. You'd be starting over...

What's your question? Are we even 100% sure it's the UPS? From your posts I'm not convinced.

Please don't. You've got a long thread here already with a ton of information already. You'd be starting over...

What's your question? Are we even 100% sure it's the UPS? From your posts I'm not convinced.

Well sorry, but I'm pretty sure it's the UPS. As soon as I plug the monitor back into the UPS, any outlet, it times out almost within the first few minutes, which doesn't happen if it's plugged into another power bar.

Let's assume it is... what does starting a different thread do? If your UPS is the actual cause, the answer is to get another to test or run without. ;)
Post magically merged:

Thread closed.... associated thread was created here...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back