• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some digidoc 5 opinions....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AmigoThree

Well I am getting a new, really big case soon and I want to monitor temps and stuff. Also I would like to be able to control fans with it.

Does the digidoc allow you to have full control over your fans like a rheo (turn it down, turn off)?

How do you hook stuff up to it?

How are the temps monitored with it (do you have little thermometors attached to the back)?

And also, give me your overall opinions. The main reason I want this is because my case has a front cover over the bays and I like how this doesnt have big knobs that are stickin out.

AmigoThree- I have a DigDoc in my comp. You cant actually control the fans with it (which would have been cool). But you can monitor the RPM's of three fans (technically four, but one is on the DIgDoc itself). The Doc has three wires with connectors for powering the three fans.

In addition, each fan output has a corresponding thermo-sensor. You can run the thremo sensor wires wherever you please.

i have one as well and its a real pain to set up the thermosensor wires, actually i only have 3 set up 1 each for the ambient, cpu and gpu temps and in addition i turned off the fan alarms and made them run all the time which is kind of defeating the purpose of the product. it is easy to set up and it looks cool but for direct control of fans not so good but it does show your 12v and 5v lines so that's also a plus, so i dont recommend it highly but it does have its uses.

failsaf3 i have one digidoc5 which can monitor up to 8 fans including the one in the digidoc. And you can turn the fans off and on manualy but you have to go throught the menus which is a pain.

:eek: eight fans :eek: the doc deluxe, eh. Where'd you get that? I've only ever seen four.
I will chill is right though- It is great for monitoring ambient temps inside the case. I have one right above my GPU too. It was helpfull in setting up my fans inside the case and it does have 5V and 12V monitoring which is nice.
me thinks me wants a deluxe 8 fan though :rolleyes:
Meat bag- is it still a single 5.25"?

ya its 5.25

its the new dig doc 5

it also has temp monitors so you can say.... if temp for probe 1 goes above 25*c then turn fan on until it goes down. this is the major advantage... it lets you set the fans so only some are on when needed. you can always push the force button and have em all go on at once but that is not the point. its not easy like a baybus to tun fans on/off cuz of the menu. if you want direct control over fans this is not it, but it is a nice automatic system

Mine has alarm, but not sure if you can control fans on or off? I want a bay bus for my fans but no 5.25" left :(

Hmm so I guess I will be getting a Rheo and probably a temp monitor seperate. My case I am getting is huge https://www.casedepot.com/proddetail.asp?linenumber=80 so I will have a lot of drive bays in the front. Man I am excited about getting this.

I plan on having 1-2 80mm fans running all the tiem in the back then the 120mm fan in the front on all the time and the rest I will have so they can be switched on. Plus I will be adding a fan to the top which can be switched on. I was also thinking of putting 2 CC's in there. 1 would be blue and the other would be a UV cc. And I am gonna paint the inside and possibly the mobo with UV blue paint.

Don't worry I will have plenty of pics :D

Just gotta wait til my b-day on the 14th. I dont think I will acctually put my comptuer in there until after xmas though because I want to finish all the mods first and it will take me time to save up for extra fans and stuff......

Ok while I am rambling on I was thinking the non switched fans would be 2 80mm vantec stealths in the back then 1 120 mm stealth in the front. Then I will mount my 120mm sunon on the top and that will be switchable and then I will get some more 80mm fans to fill those extra mounts.

Also I will get rounded cables.

Back