• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Racing/Driving Games ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DDR-PIII

Disabled
What are some good Racing/Driving games ? I only know of one good driving game and that is Screamer 4x4.

the only series for pc that comes to mind for me is Need for Speed, those are really fun. On ps1 I loved Gran Turismo 1 and 2 and for xbox I really liked Rallysport challenge.

Depends which platform you are talking about

Play Station 1 / 2

Grand Trismo 1,2,3 .. have to be one of the best games i have evern played

XBoX

Project Gotham Racing

PC

Need For Speed : Porche Challange (sp?)
Colin McRae Ralling 2.0

Just in general I guess :) NFS is fun so is GT :) im gonna see how GTA3 is

If you like arcade games the Need For Speed series is hard to beat. They're a lot of fun and can be mastered in a weekend or two.

For simulation games, you have to put the Papryus NASCAR games high on your list. NASCAR 4 and NASCAR 2002 Season are great. But if you can find a copy of NASCAR Legends you won't be disappointed. Lapping Talledega at 230mph in Plymouth Superbird is a blast despite the dated graphics.

If you ever start to feel cocky about your racing skills, drop Grand Prix Legends onto your hard drive and prepare to be humbled. If you love racing this game is as addictive as heroin and just as tough to beat.

BHD

I think im gonna have to get a hold of Grand Prix lengends ;) know what i mean haha Im very cocky about my racing skills no one can beat me @ any racing game anywhere haha :) I've got NASCAR Legends btw :) i picked it up with NFS3 for hrm... $15 about 3 months ago :)

DDR-PIII said:
know what i mean haha Im very cocky about my racing skills no one can beat me @ any racing game anywhere haha :)

lucky you live in canada or i would show you a few things. i've never been beat in gran toursimo, any nascar, F1 2001..... the list goes on.

i'm a racing freak :cool:

john240sx said:
i've never been beat in gran toursimo, any nascar, F1 2001..... the list goes on.
I'm sure I could own you in GPL, even though I'm not too good at that game. ;)

I just started playing again for the first time in a few months, and I couldn't even make it around easy tracks like The Glen and Monza consistantly. My best lap was a 1:09.61 around Watkins Glen, and I spun on that one. :bang head I've had the game for nearly 4 years and I've only won a few races.

Gravity Man said:

I'm sure I could own you in GPL, even though I'm not too good at that game. ;)

well, considering that i NEVER played that game you probably would beat me. let me practice though and i'm sure you wouldn't.

Just got my hands on the new Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2; Graphic is hell smooth, gameplay is much better than previous versions (similar to Grand Turismo 3 in general).

Get yours today :) ... one of the best racing games i've ever played.

nut581 said:
Just got my hands on the new Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2; Graphic is hell smooth, gameplay is much better than previous versions (similar to Grand Turismo 3 in general).

Get yours today :) ... one of the best racing games i've ever played.

yeah they are but they also look kinda cratoonish :/ but heh they game is still fun :)

colin mcrae rally 2.0
rallysport challenge (x-box)
Project Gothem was fun for a while (x-box)
Grand turismo 3 rules the school :)

Last edited:
I didn't liked Hot Pursuit 2 .. it could have been an awesome game but i think they royall screwed it up

just to list few of the things which are wrong with the game

1. HUGE loading times

2. Buggy Installation ( a tip for all of you, copy the files and fodlers from your cdrom to your harddrive and game will load faster, by default it leaves most of the stuff on the CDROM and than take ages to load up) which does not give any option of installation (complete,custom, blah blah blah)

3. No in car / dash cam

4. No camera options in replay (this i hate the most)

5. Damage modelling next to NONE i understand its an arcade game but still have SOME damage modelling

baqai said:

3. No in car / dash cam

5. Damage modelling next to NONE i understand its an arcade game but still have SOME damage modelling

those are two of the things on NFS: high stakes that i loved. those are also GT 2/3's biggest downfall. (i still say GT2 was the best, 3 just didn't have the same feel to it)

Back