• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

700gph pump too much????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mass_Hysteria

Registered
I found a helluva deal on a model7 danner (700gph) pump and I have been wanting to replace my wimpy little rio180 anyway. Is 700 gph going to produce too much pressure in the closed system? Will this be too much for the system to handle without leaking? This deal is too good to pass up so please let me know.

TIA

That model is frequently recomended in this forum, If you have a 2-3' head the pressure drops a lot and im sure it drops a lot with the radiator and water block flow restrictions.

I would make sure you get good solid seals with your ring clamps on the hose though, and above all TEST THE SYSTEM BEFORE YOU PUT IT IN THE CPU!!!. Test it running continously for a coupple of days.

Naw it will be just fine. You have my favorite pump. As for testing, I usually just run a system overnight. Call me impatient! :)

Back