• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HOT deal ? Enermax 350 Watt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i have one and to tell the truth im not as happy as i woulda thought i would have been. i was told a lot of great things about them and then the day after i got it i started reading about how there were better ones for the same price.
should have went with one of those antec tru480s.. a little pricier but i know i could trust it.im about to post as to whether it has a pots on it to see if i can get some bettere performance out of it.

also i had some problems when i would wire things in ways it dsidn't like..sorry im typing with gloves on the backdoor is open ..but ive never oced higher

Many people have had problems with Enermax power supplies.....
I am NOT one of them:D

I think it is a great deal, and if I could afford it right now I would get one myself.

im not saying it isn't a good power supply

what i'm really saying is even if you get it you really won't be able to rule out the thought that the power supply is you cause of instability. I'm just looking for a power supply i can say no thats not the problem. i know thats a lofty goal but im not running that much stuff and my 5v has dropped below 4.9 at many times.. good thing is the better cooled it is the higher my 5 v goes. i suppose from the lower resistance from less heat. so i may upgrade my fans.. not a bad power supply but not the answer to all your prayers.

good price for an Enermax maybe...

but far from the best value in power supplies. The 350W Enermax only produces 185W of 3.3+5V power, and in general is not that stout of a supply. The $27 300W Sparkle sold by newegg provides 200W of 3.3+5V, and a real world 390W total output. The $42 350W Sparkle cranks out 220W on the 3.3+5V, and 450W total. Either of these supplies will outperform the Enermax 350 at a lower cost.

BTW-The FSP version of the 350W Sparkle (FSP owns Sparkle) is available for a mere $38 from directron. It is the same 220W 3.3+5V, 450W total performer that the sparkle version is.

I will admit that one of the things I like about Enermax psu's nowadays is how easy it is to add a pot to the control circuit......

My 5v line reads whatever I want it too....
and I can adjust while running, using MBM to see just what I am getting at the mobo:D

I am pretty sure that mod works on the 350 units too.

rogerdugans said:
I will admit that one of the things I like about Enermax psu's nowadays is how easy it is to add a pot to the control circuit......

My 5v line reads whatever I want it too....
and I can adjust while running, using MBM to see just what I am getting at the mobo:D

I am pretty sure that mod works on the 350 units too.

The FSP/Sparkle units already have accessable pots on them (not that I've every had to use them, knock on wood).

anyone got an article on hour to add a pots to an enermax power supply.. could save me some money on a new one.

I just ordered that E-Max 350. It''ll be here tomorrow. I'm putting it in a chieftec case (4 fans) with a KR7A and a [email protected]. I'm hopeing it keeps my +5v at +5 or above. The PSU that came with the case keeps the +5v around +4.76 full load. It's stable as a rock. I just want more.

just an fyi..not to say that any of you guys will get these results with your 350w enermax's but i was meesing around with a multimeter under different load. at 1.85vcore last night my 350 was at 5.05 at the mosfets and at 5.08 at one of the molex connectores. it was a molex connector that was left over after a string of 3 fans.
starting
1.85vcore w/o prime 95
molex 5.08
mosfets 5.05
w/prime 95 after 10minutes
molex 5.07
mosfets 5.02
im guessing mbm5 only detects things below 4.92 and above 5.05
cause thats all i was showing
btw i was checking the top mosfets bacause the bottom always gave me the lowest reading so i presumed the capacitors were supplying each next mosfet. i figured after 10minutes any significant failure of the power supply would show in the last capacitor. kinda like eventually your heat will level off when you start your computer instead of constantly rising except this would be lowering,moving on
then i overclocked to 166X9.5(known good oc)
the results were like .01 less everytime i oced by 5mhz on the fsb.
i top off generally at 180X9.5
interestingly enough here was where my first mosfet(bottom)was showing me 4.89 and the molex was still running strong at 5.04

basically. i foudn trhough the use of this method that my 5v rail is probably the cause of my roof on the overclock. and i also found that it can be solved through the use of Hoot's sticky at the top of this forum. the 5v mod to the mosfet.. you know. anyway i found that the problem wasn't that the enermax was crappy but that the ATX connector was causing too much resistance. take care of that resistance and everyone with an enermax will have a very quality power supply.. boy am i happy i didn't waste that money...whew..thought i was SOL on that one cause i don't know how to add a potentiometer but i can solder a little wire to a little mosfet. but now i have a question for hoot. ill post it in his sticky though so if it is helpful to anyone it will be up top

I installed the new E-Max 350. :) Much better. +5V still not above +5 but close to it. I'm happy. :) I'll try the MOD a little later. :)

Last edited:
Back