• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

? about the team leadership??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cuper

Hey,

A little while ago we were having a couple of heated discuss. about where the Team was going and such. There were meetings behind closed doors that were supposed to be working stuff out. I was just curious b/c I don't remember seeing a thread explaining what had happened and where we are now? I thought there was going to be a announcement or something?

Thanks

Cuper

I'd say there is a panel of leaders now other than one person or a couple of groups. Everything that goes on with the team now is discussed openly between them all (at least I hope so :) ).

Well Tim and I had a very long talk on the telephone, and hashed out alot of things. For the good of the team we had come to conclusion that just two people could not facilitate the whole team, so we established a council.

Jeremy Paasch
Tim Cole
Chris Perry
Ron Keller
Roger Dugans
Frank

We are working on things we have a seperate area of the forums where we can congregate and brainstorm. We will close out the two poll's that asked how you guys felt about things. Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you guys. I have been getting some major help from Ploaf by the way getting a stat's script up on the http://seti.octeams.com/ site, which is going to cater to the higher bandwidth crowd by the way :p

Well hope this answers the question, we are also working on hashing things like contests and what not's.

Anything else feel free to ask

J :cool:

Last edited:
ya, what is going to happen when it goes to phase 2?? Seems unlikely that you guys are going to get it together before 1 ends so just curious if the same group plans to continue on with 2? I'm not knocking here just curious b/c it seemed like there were going to be some answers and then nothing? Are there any open positions to do any work? I wouldn't mind doing some stuff?? Is there a way to submit any ideas for the site??

Thanks

Cuper

Cuper said:
ya, what is going to happen when it goes to phase 2?? Seems unlikely that you guys are going to get it together before 1 ends so just curious if the same group plans to continue on with 2? I'm not knocking here just curious b/c it seemed like there were going to be some answers and then nothing? Are there any open positions to do any work? I wouldn't mind doing some stuff?? Is there a way to submit any ideas for the site??

Thanks

Cuper
I am not quite sure what you mean about 'get it together for phase 2' what don't we have together now ? Just curiousity speaking. The plans for 2 are to move forward as a team and continue to be a contender. As far as helping out with thing's I am not quite sure yet. We are still hashing some things out. And real life has taken a few of us for a turn, both Tim and I are working some ungodly hours. Not defending, just letting you know what's going on for an update. And as far as submitting ideas for the site sure you just put them out here :) And consider them submitted :p

Hope that answers some question's :)

Sorry, should have explained better but when I post I am usually doing a bunch of things at the same time so I tend to be short or don't explain myself well:( I was just wondering if you guys were going to get the whole leadership thing worked out by the time that Phase 1 ended? That is really all:) I know nobody really knows when it will end but just wondering if you guys et some sort of time frame for when you would like to have the internal issues resolved:)

You guys work VERY HARD for the team and I apprec. it greatly!!! I know that your lives come first but can't say i condone that:D:D

I will begin submitting ASAP!!!:D

Just My $.02

As the low man on the Totem Pole so to speak(I'm not a Mod, I'm not a Senior, I'm just a dedicated Cruncher with an intense desire to see this Team continue to get STRONGER), let me add to SpeedJ's remarks by saying that the newly fashioned Council is bringing about a new atmosphere of cooperation and dedication to this team. While at present you are not seeing profound declarations on a daily basis, know that lines of communication are being built and strenthened so that this team can enter Phase II on Top and stay there. We do want to get another raffle going and as soon as some details are available we'll get them posted for everyone's participation.

In general, what I'm trying to say is after the turbulent times in early October this Team is now enjoying better and clearer communications than it has at anytime in it's past. We will not let this Team down and more importantly we will not keep you the members out of the loop.

Respectfully,
SkyHook

lonewolf1983 said:
catering for the high bandwidth crowd
oh man my little 56k modem is gonna die i swear :(
That is why we are maintaining two sites the new one will boast user interactivity, but lose some of the hand crafted feel. It will have an interface to channel into the IRC room straight from the site and other such cool things like that. But again it will all be coded.

The future brings many new things and as Ron has said an overall strengthening of the team and it's leaders. I cannot praise these guys enough.

WOW!!! Sounds cool!! Can't wait for some stuff to get released!!Thanks for the update!

As J pointed out we have worked things out, but it didn't get announced very clearly in the open. I think Shadow was going to make an official statement once we decided what to say, but we've all been busy. As far as getting things together - I thought we had it together fairly well as it was. We're planning to keep the show on the road and add more goodies as we go. Your input is as welcome as everyone elses, so feel free to make suggestions.

shouldn't the new site be linked up with the ocsetiteam.com site somehow. I dont really see the need to have 2 sets of stats, downloads, links etc... with one team

deez said:
shouldn't the new site be linked up with the ocsetiteam.com site somehow. I dont really see the need to have 2 sets of stats, downloads, links etc... with one team
It will be it's still extremely BETA, very BETA, in the end they will both be linked to each other. I am just simply showing you guys a work in progress as far as two set's if you are a broadband guy and only go the broadband site you want to miss out on a download simply because it was only posted on the low bandwidth site? Trust us it will be awesome, the broadband site will lack some of the hand coded genuineness to it, instead offering up lots of interactivity.

Just curious who is going to update this site?? Oh first, site looks GREAT!!! I have a little trouble reading the color of the text but looks good!! It seems that we already have trouble with the info on our current site? To me, there seems to be a bit more on the new one?

Cuper said:
Just curious who is going to update this site?? Oh first, site looks GREAT!!! I have a little trouble reading the color of the text but looks good!! It seems that we already have trouble with the info on our current site? To me, there seems to be a bit more on the new one?
Two user submitted articles, that is all that is on there, and the stat's page as for who will update it, the whole point of it is that once it is up it can kind of run itself. That is the beauty of it, anyone can submit an article or a news story, and then Admin's have to post it up, but that isn't that rough, as an admin you see articles that are waiting to go up on the side.

Once the site is ironed out it wouldn't need updating it would be there for the whole team to contribute to. Just like the folding site, the interactivity is the main point behind it.

J :cool: Glad you like it :D

Back