• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Occurance of busted brown boxes?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
X

---X---

I haven't ordered a lot online, so I don't have a lot of experience with the outcomes of the process, i.e. shipping time etc. I just got a package today, relatively small (some RAM), from Googlegear. While the RAM itself was fine, one end of the box was crushed inward :( (I tend to collect these, I always find a use for them. This size was unique, lol). For you experience people who buy a CPU every other month ;), has this occured to you, and if so, how often? Im just curious.

BTW I do know its a UPS/Fedex/whoever issue not Googlegear

Pretty common, especially with UPS (aka United Parcel Smashers.)

Fedex is usually much better about not crushing boxes.

cmcquistion said:
aka United Parcel Smashers

Hehe :p

Oh well, at least I gained a scarce bit of creativity with "busted brown box syndrome" :)

Nothing will ever top my memory I recieved from UPS that included Forklift Tire tracks on the crushed box.

Actually the UPS delivery guy is cool, he said, "sam was this fragile" and we both laughed. Memory worked surprisingly

Now that's amazing, what brand was that memory!! That's a he** of a test

steve

Silversinksam said:
Nothing will ever top my memory I recieved from UPS that included Forklift Tire tracks on the crushed box.

Actually the UPS delivery guy is cool, he said, "sam was this fragile" and we both laughed. Memory worked surprisingly

woah wait, you are on a first name basis?

I worked at a UPS pre-sort hub for a while. Some of the stuff i've seen is just plain ridiculous. Nobody at all really cares just as long as the box gets there in any condition. We were Teamsters and the only way you could get fired is if you tried to steal a package out of the facility.

Yeah, Fedex usually has better results about crushed packages. I haven't had much bad luck from UPS, but generally, I notice that packages from Fedex come in better condition.

William said:

woah wait, you are on a first name basis?

Yah he's a good guy, once he saw my car at the grocery store and delivered my parcel there at the end of the day.

He handles the packages carefully, its before he gets them that they play soccer with them in the warehouse :eek:

they play soccer with them in the warehouse

you think it's a joke, but it's not.

it really has happened. i've also witnessed gateway-cowputer boxes drop from the 3rd story small sort onto the ground level concrete floor

"whoops sorry guys, can ya bring that back up here for me? thaaaaaaaanks."

I've talked with a few UPS people and they all say the West Coast division (esp. CA) are really really rough on packages. That's why, whenever I order something from out there, I get it sent by FedEx.

~THT

runsalone said:

it really has happened. i've also witnessed gateway-cowputer boxes drop from the 3rd story small sort onto the ground level concrete floor

My second (and last :rolleyes: ) Gateway came with its heatsink unattached, gee I wonder why...:rolleyes:

I've gotten UPS shipments that were as bad also. The thing that ticks me off the most is when I find foot prints on the boxes. That gets my blood boiling...

you want to know how UPS people unjam a belt that's got stuff stuck? kick the packages. it's in the training. we moved so many boxes a day, it's a wonder that more didnt get destroyed.

I've shipped numerous computer parts, two spoilers, rims, and tires... all have been bashed up to the points of holes in the boxes. Nothing inside is ever damaged, so I'm ok.

actually nvm... the first monitor i received was broken b/c it had obviously been dropped.

i had some pretty badly smashed up boxes from just about all the major carriers, ups, fedex, airborne. The worst case was probably the ss51 box that at a BIG *** chunk missing when the fedex guy delievered it. Tho lucky the merchandise wasn't damaged. But still ****ed me off how they mishandled my stuff with such disregard.. :mad:

hmm, I have had Tons of UPS stuff delivered over the years and not one problem?? Guess I am just lucky :dunno:

Have had several UPS packages damaged in delivery. One was going to be a gift (it came in its original box) and there was a gaping hole in the side of it! Also know some UPS dock workers and they have said the same thing, (some) of the employees don't give a crap and make a game out of beating the packages around.

Back