• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAID problems in XP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

god320

hey, this is my first time messing with RAID. it's for a music-recording studio computer of mine, and unfortunately the software i'm using only works with XP - bummer, i know. everytime i try to boot up with the integrated (into my a-bit at7 max2) Highpoint 374 raid controller enabled, the system blue-screens before it finishes booting. IRQL error is the name of the beast, and i have tried everything in my limited capacity to solve it. please help!!

matt

Welcome to the forums Matt!
It doesn't sound as though you've loaded the RAID drivers. Once you've setup the array, boot from the XP CD, with the RAID drivers on a floppy in the drive. When it is loading from the CD, you'll see a prompt on the bottom of the screen to "hit F6 to load RAID or SCSI drivers". Hit F6, and it should go by the numbers after that.

thanks for the input, but i did try that actually, but it wouldn't load the drivers as it should have. first off, it said it found drivers for a scsi device, rather than ide as it is, and then said there was an error with something having to do with an "oem--"something-or-other file on the CD. i was going to try with older drivers - those were the newest, but a bug is always possible i guess, do you think i might benefit from that?

matt

Miknow is correct. I'd go to the manufacturers site, and get the latest drivers for your hardware. If XP doesn't detect correctly, it will give you the option of choosing your hardware, pick out the controller that matches yours the closest. That ought to work.

Back