• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are Antec 350W PSU's supposed to be so noisy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Richie

Registered
Hi guys,

I have an Antec case with an Antec 350W PSU. I have built many PC's and I have never heard a fan as loud as this. You can hear it at the other end of my house if I leave all the doors open!

The last PC I built was an XP2200+ with a generic 400W PSU, this was much quieter than my high quality Antec one for some reason?

The PSU/case is only a few months old aswell and it has always been this loud so I doubt the PSU fan is faulty.

Anyone else got one of these PSU's? is this normal or should I change the PSU fan?

System: XP1800+, A7V333, Thermaltake Volcano 7+

Thanks for any advice.

Nope , the fan should be quiet . I built an AMD (1800+ / NOT OC'ed) system for my mom with the Antec SX635 case that came with an Antec 350 watt (not a TruePower) and the thing is super quite ! The system is for her work PC and runs 24/7 with out a problem (or noise) . Seems like you may need to RMA the PSU (or put in a new fan) . If you dont want to "VOID" the warranty , then I'd RMA it . My .02 ;)

Back