• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP with super silent custom loop oc I7-8700k/2080ti

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I can't speak for them. If it works for them then that is great. From my experience though, the best way to remove air bubbles is to rotate the case and allow the bubbles to work themselves to your reservoir as you are filling it. Topping off the res as needed.

As for bacteria, a good biocide like Petra's PT Nuke PHN, Mayhem's XT-1 Nuke V2, or Mayhem's Biocide Extreme will out perform any anti-bacterial soap on the market. Honestly, most issues in a closed loop will be in the form of algea, not bacteria. An even better option would be a pre-mixed solution like EKWB's Cryo-fuel or Mayhem's X1 UV.

Glycol antifreeze is pretty cheap, too. ;)

I used to run Water Wetter with decent results. That might help with bubbles a bit.

Nothing beats the old case dance though.

here the final result, 5gh oc, idle around 30degree, work can reach 80 but with fan speed 800rpm, I made thus for silent, tbut the noise of the ddc ek pump is annoying, so maybe i go back to a d5. IMG_20200311_101014.jpg

Last edited:
top and bottom intake, only the 1 in the back exhaust.
I think it is the best configuration for taking GPU and CPU cool with low fan speed. of course, inside temp and VRM suffer on workload but not so much
Anyway, I am not happy at all with the DDC pump noise, I think I want to go back to d5 pump.

I already own 1 Phanteks evolv x case, and an alpha cool d5 pump and reservoir,
I like the Phanteks case, but it can fit only 1 420 60mm radiators at best (if I use the Phanteks I want to go for a dual system pc, so the up space is busy).

My question is if I do the change, do you think I lose a lot of quiet ant temps from 2 x 360 radiator (1 60mm + 1 45mm) to 1 420 60mm with 3 intake fans on the radiator and 1 exhaust fan?

I like to chance to go with 1 420 alpha cool Monsta (90mm I think) with push-pull, but I think it doesn't fit inside the Phanteks without modding the case, and not sure if is worthy.

Definitely throttle down that DDC. I think EK only uses the 18W versions which are quite noisy.

Sure sounds like you have a lot of radiator. I wouldn't worry about the temps too much.

that one ddc is the 10w. it go from 1300 to 3000 rpm. a good liquid speed is around 1400rpm, less I see the liquid move with difficulty. but 1400 is already noise, more than the fan at 800prm (I dont want the fan go more than 800rpm) because is like a coil wine noise.

The waterway look amazing, and since I choice the o11 xl for his waterway look, so maybe I go for the phanteks evol x and d5 pump, but I worry that single 420 radiator is not enough for cool an i7 8700k (delid) oc at 5ghz and a 2080ti oc at 2ghz like now........

top and bottom intake, only the 1 in the back exhaust.
I think it is the best configuration for taking GPU and CPU cool with low fan speed. of course, inside temp and VRM suffer on workload but not so much
Anyway, I am not happy at all with the DDC pump noise, I think I want to go back to d5 pump.

I already own 1 Phanteks evolv x case, and an alpha cool d5 pump and reservoir,
I like the Phanteks case, but it can fit only 1 420 60mm radiators at best (if I use the Phanteks I want to go for a dual system pc, so the up space is busy).

My question is if I do the change, do you think I lose a lot of quiet ant temps from 2 x 360 radiator (1 60mm + 1 45mm) to 1 420 60mm with 3 intake fans on the radiator and 1 exhaust fan?

I like to chance to go with 1 420 alpha cool Monsta (90mm I think) with push-pull, but I think it doesn't fit inside the Phanteks without modding the case, and not sure if is worthy.

Thanks, I think I need to try that config! I don't think a 420 is enough, but again I was mistaken about your current setup!

thankyou. before completely change case, I wsnt try to find some ddc super quiet pump, if exist. but seem my current ddc is alreafy considered silent....

I cant del with this ek pump anymore... to high pich noise... Any advise about a very good silent ddc pump?

Glancing through some of the older posts in this thread has me curious about a few things. I'm not sure you answered these questions yet and if so I apologize for bringing it back up but...

How many watts is your current DDC pump?

Is your Alphacool D5 pump quieter than your DDC pump?

Are you using the sponge in the reservoir?

yes, I set up the ddc for the best sound/flow rate. even at the lowest speed anyway i fell a lot of hgh pich sound and vibration.
Yes, the alphacool d5 pump was nearly silent.
The ek ddc pump is the: O11D-distro-plate-G1-Ek-lian-li-waterway-97.jpg

That looks like a 6W version. If that's too loud you can try isolating it on a sound dampening sponge. Otherwise, I've been told the modern D5's are ok.

yes, already now that d5 are ok. the problem is go for a d5 need to change the waterway that look pretty nice because is compatible only with a ddc pump mount. So I mind if exists some ddc more silent than this..

I can try to use sponge to isolate it, but ddc should become hot right? and with a sponge can become more hot because less airflow, right?

If you're not opposed to spending more money, Radikult on ebay sells D5 waterways for this case.

Back