• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP with super silent custom loop oc I7-8700k/2080ti

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have the 8700k and it's the easiest CPU in the world to delid so I highly recommend doing that if you have not done so already. It's cheap to do, Liquid Metal is easy to apply, and it drops temps like a rock.

I have the 8700k and it's the easiest CPU in the world to delid so I highly recommend doing that if you have not done so already. It's cheap to do, Liquid Metal is easy to apply, and it drops temps like a rock.

oh yes, but I see a linus video where he dont advise to do it because since you gain just 2-4 degrree.. and my cpu still in warranty... so not sure.

Average drop is somewhere around 10-15C. Much more than that is luck, less, bad luck, lol. It varies so much and so many people do not take into accout other variables and test differently... etc.

uhm, ok I think to delid then before making the new build, I just wait for the alphacool to arrive from aquatuning but how I say guys this company is able to disappoint me every single time... I pay the 3 DHL shipping for 50bucks because I have hurry, but today 6 days are passed and I don't receive my items. This company it is just a shame.

Anyway, guys, for the paste inside the cpu after delid, can this be enough?: Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut

uhm, ok I think to delid then before making the new build, I just wait for the alphacool to arrive from aquatuning but how I say guys this company is able to disappoint me every single time... I pay the 3 DHL shipping for 50bucks because I have hurry, but today 6 days are passed and I don't receive my items. This company it is just a shame.

Anyway, guys, for the paste inside the cpu after delid, can this be enough?: Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut

Yes Conductonaut is what I use. Great stuff. a very very small amount goes a very very long way. Be sure to apply it to the die as well as the IHS, both need application of liquid metal.

it is worth to use something more good than thermal grizzly?

Last edited:
can I reuse the same silicon to seal the CPU again?

I mean, I want to change only the thermal paste but not the silicon for seal the CPU, I like to reuse the original one, it is possible?
Or is it possible to don't use anything to seal the CPU? it is possible to leave the CPU unsealed?

and what do you think about this?:

Last edited:
Iirc most people do not re seal. Just add the paste under the lid, replace the lid, and clamp it into the socket. Wait for someone else to verify this though.

We scrape the silicon off.

If you dont use a sealant again, make sure there is a slight offset on the ihs. When you clamp it down it will slide. I use a very small amount of super glue in one corner. This way it holds firm but can easily be removed again just in case.

Last edited:
..and how about substitute the original ihs with a full copper one? it is worth it? I now have everything and soon start to make the build.

not really. You can spin the IHS on a table to see if its flat and lap it if you would like, or the full copper accomplishes a similar outcome without the work. Of course some coolers account for a convex IHS so then you'll want to lap the cooler as well. Really a lot of trouble for a few C.

hey guys, soon i finish the build. a little advise.
I use dishsoap to clean the loop when I need, but how about just use distilled water and dishsoap without nothing else for the normal use of the loop?

actually, I know about people put dish soap + distilled water, because it help with airball and bacteria, how about?

Back