• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Router not allowing traffic in?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rivercom9

I set up an FTP server, but I cannot access the server. I do not have a static IP, but I'm using No-IP to redirect traffic to my IP that I get from my ISP. However, I cant get any traffic into my HostName which seems to be using the IP given to it by the router instead of the IP from my ISP. My router is a Netgear RT311. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Did you set up forwarding on the router for port 21 to the local IP address your server is on?

The hostname for the ftp server should get redirected to the IP that my ISP uses, however, when I connect the server, the IP address it uses is one given to me by my router. Is there anyway to make it read the IP address of the host? That is the reason that I think its the router, but I'm not sure how to set up forward on this particular router. Anyone using Netgear RT311 router?

Back