• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which way to point Tornado on SLK800?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mugen1516

Hey guys,
I just built me a new comp (Soyo Dragon Lite, XP1900+, 512DDR 2700 Samsung, etc.) Well, the stock cooler SUCKS. I get temps like 52C. I just ordered the SLK800 with the Tornado. I was wondering which way is best to mount the fan. To blow on the heatsink? or to suck air away? I read reviews, not sure if I'm missing the recommended way or not. Please, someone let me know. Thanks!

blow towards the HS. is best.

but if ya whanna find out for yourself test both ways. Who knows maybe for some odd reason its suck for your setup... but i doubt it.

you should try which of them gets the lowest temps,sometimes its better with blow, sometimes with suck. do you use thermal paste?

doesn't the tornado have vanes to straighten airflow, my guess is these would be worthless if you put it in a suck setup. so that would be another reason not to do it, not to mention i think the slk is designed to work with a blow setup.

Back