• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick windows question?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

whitefire05

Registered
OK, I have a quick windows question. I would like to make one of the folders on my hard drive unsearchable by the standard windows file searcher anyone know how to do this i think i have seen the option somewhere but i forgot where. Any help?

make it a hidden folder. (right click and go to properties) You can find it with the search that way, but only if you tell it too specifically. If you want to find it again, you go to the file exploer, tools, folder options, view, click show hidden files.

right i know how to hide files and find them without using show files the main thing is i want thm unsearchable so if the file was names "computer pics" and someone does a search on pics i dont want it to come up

:sn: I think what your looking for is a program called Camouflage, it allows you to hide files by scrambling them and then attaching them to the file of your choice. This camouflaged file then looks and behaves like a normal file, and can be stored or emailed without attracting attention. For example, you could create a picture file that looks and behaves exactly like any other picture file but contains hidden encrypted files, or you could hide a file inside a Word document that would not attract attention if discovered. Such files can later be safely extracted. For additional security you can password your camouflaged file. This password will be required when extracting the files within.:sn:

whitefire05 said:
right i know how to hide files and find them without using show files the main thing is i want thm unsearchable so if the file was names "computer pics" and someone does a search on pics i dont want it to come up

what kinda computer pictures are you trying to hide eh? eh? eh? :D :D

anyways one way to hide "computer pics" can be that you make a screen saver of your computer pictures (ACDSEE 4 comes with a proggie which lets you select pictures and making a screen saver) and that screen saver can be either in EXE for or in standard SCR form, than you delete all your "computer pictures" and just hide that EXE or SCR file :)

Back