• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

T-bird 1400 C to 1400 B?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cedff

Hi there,
I have an AMD 900 T-bird on the crappiest board ever made ( Gigabyte 7ZX-1. VIA KT133 , which has no multiplier menu in the bios. Since I can"t overclock the 900 much with the FSB jumpers on the board and since I desperate need an upgrade I searched for some TB's 1400 B in the net but couldn't find any, except for some TB's 1400 C.
So, is it possible modifying the 1400C someway (bridges perhaps?) so that it can be run on a 100 FSB motherboard with the same clock speed?

thx and sorry for my english :D

No, unfortunatly its not possible to do due to the 1400 Bs having internal ramping, like when the multi is really set to x5 the CPU will convert it to x14 internally, this is what my chip does, (which is a B). You could always either get a Tbird 1200 or a 1400 and set multi to x12.5 and OC w/ SoftFSB so you could get a few MHz out of the FSB (so what if the chip will be a bit underclocked, it'd still be an upgrade...

Back