• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help O/C my i5 2500k on GB Z68AP-D3 (currently at 4,20 on stock vcore ??)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zayl

Hello there !
I've just bought a new cooler and I thought it would be the perfect time to overclock my CPU since I never got the chance to do it with my stock fan :)

The last time I o/c was many many years ago so I searched for some new guides and these came up :

I've read them all.

Still, I don't understand much, so I just popped 42 instead of the 35 CPU Clock ratio (in turbo mode) and didn't change anything else and ran Intel Burn Test 3 min to see if my temperatures were high.

I did not change the vcore but every guide says it need to be put at 1.35 ?

Here are some pics of the 3 min monitoring on Hardware Monitor (do you see something abnormal ?) and some photos of the bios : IMGUR Album

THE SCREENSHOT OF CPU-Z WAS TAKEN DURING THE TEST, THE SCREENSHOT OF HARDWARE MONITOR WAS TAKEN AFTER THE TEST

What do you recommend me doing ? (in simple words, english isn't my native language, please use my bios photos to guide me :) )

Thanks a lot in advance !

Regards,
Zayl

Last edited:
All I did for my 4.5GHz set the clock multiplier to 45 then set adaptive voltage so the total v core voltage is 1.300v and then I tested with prime95.

Oh, so I have nothing abnormal then?
Where is my "adaptive voltage" option in my BIOS?
What should I do?

I would set your v core to back to auto then check to see what the stock v core is for 3.5GHz then move up the dynamic v core + what ever you need for 1.300v ane then up your multiplier to 4.5GHz, save the settings, give it a try.

look for dynamic or adaptive in CPU voltage settings.

I would set your v core to back to auto then check to see what the stock v core is for 3.5GHz then move up the dynamic v core + what ever you need for 1.300v ane then up your multiplier to 4.5GHz, save the settings, give it a try.

look for dynamic or adaptive in CPU voltage settings.

I don't have this option anywhere in the bios :/

Offset/Adaptive or just a regular vCore change is up to you. It is another way to do the same thing. The difference between manually setting your voltage and using adaptive or offset is that it will raise the voltage on load as opposed to being at the same voltage all the time. It's a choice. You can also set it manually and have windows control it to with its power management settings.

FOr ease of use, I just use regular voltage control and leave it at my overclocked voltage 24/7.

Back