• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Novice With 2100+ and A7N8X

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Madzen

Registered
Hmmm lets see, not sure where to begin so i'll just say I recently Purchased my 2100+ and the A7N8X and did alot of reading on the forums and needless to say im HOOKED! It's amazing though I havent even started yet. I guess my primary concern is always what to do next. If a more advance user could give me some advice on what memory to buy and what kind of cooling to get started with that would be excellent. I was assuming get pc2700 over pc3200 as I will be running the FSB at 2x133, and from what i've read the banwith of the FSB and Memory should be kept basically the same. Is this true? Any comments, suggestions, links, etc would be much appreciated.

MadZen

Buy the 3200 and set it to whatever speed is in sync with the processor. If down the road new processors come out with a 400MHz fsb, then you will already be ready.
Scott

Setting the Memory Speed

Granted I should keep reading the guides provided by OC.com but, out of curiosity and contiuation of this thread how would you drop the memory bandwith from 3.2 gb/sec to 2.7 gb/sec?

-Madzen

Ok... How about cooling

So I guess i'm getting no response on that.... Mabey i can take it to cooling? What is your reccomendation on heatsinks and fans?... im thinking the Thermalright SLK-800, with a Delta 80mm or Thermaltake Smart Fan II's? I'll take any recommendations, i just wanna know whats being used by the community.

-Thanks!

Granted I should keep reading the guides provided by OC.com but, out of curiosity and contiuation of this thread how would you drop the memory bandwith from 3.2 gb/sec to 2.7 gb/sec?
Why would you want to do this? You always set your ram in sync with the fsb. If your fsb can only go to 266 for example, and your ram is capable of going to 333, just set the ram to "auto" and run it at 266. You can attempt to set them out of sync but there will be no performance gain.

As far as your cooling solution, Id say very good choice. :)
Scott

Back